Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
www.zeroevltd.co.uk
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, Im at a dead end with an install for a smart EQ. I installed an EVBox Elvi, and trying to charge the smart car is a nightmare. won't charge at all and seems to permanently be on pause. very VERY occasionally it will charge for 15 mins then goes back to pause, sometimes, the car accepts charge for 1 sec, then stops, then accepts , the stops etc on and on. Ive done the same thing. been in touch with Merc, what a waste of space. no info, no help and just said there is a website i can subscribe to for more info. WHAT !!!!!!!!! the customer has bought 4 high end merc's of these people, one being a AMG 53 estate, the other S350. Mercedes can't be bothered to help ? what a sham. I know the charge point works as i have tested it with my own papa smurf and it charges as it should.
As I've done the install i feel duty bound to get this fixed for the customer but i don't know what else to do. sensible suggestions please. if not crap suggestions are better than none.

Hopefully

Pete

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Pete,
I have a Smart EQ ForTwo and a nice pro-installed ChargedEV wall box capable of scheduling charging to suit cheap night rate power but also availability on the grid of energy generated by sustainable means. Sadly the car seems incapable of waking up in the night to accept a charge initiated by the wall box and I have get to obtain a proper night time cheduked charge. It’s been 6 months now and the Smart assistance team have not been able to provide any help despite 8-10 e-mails. Very annoying but it is a lovely car to drive!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts