Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The smart key , lock/unlock button on the drivers side door isn't working , anymore . dead as a dodo.

the other buttons on the other doors still work to lock -unlock . I guess because they aren't normally used.

a mild annoyance at present .as I still have warranty period to sort .

Has this happened to any of you ?

Attachments

·
I'm not crazy, the attack has begun.
29,491 Posts
They are vulnerable. I use the key fob most of the times because (as I read reports on gm-volt before I got mine) they are just not cut out for repeated use, it seems.

Yes, common fault. Expensive to fix, you have to replace the whole handle.

If my key is in my bag, I tend to use a random button on another door.

I also think people press them too hard. It is a haptic-feedback thing - there is a slight pause as the car sends out a signal for the fob to respond. This encourages you to press even harder until it locks! Press very very gently and release. It locks a half second later. I am sure that the longevity of modern buttons is proportionate to how hard you press them!

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
If you have the warranty (or even lifetime warranty) then they will replace it. Worth sorting in advance because they have to get the part in, THEN paint it to match your paint.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
I have this on a 64 plate ampera, I guess I report at the service and see if I can claim under the warrentee. Reading the forums it seems to crop up perhaps more than it ought to, a generic fault maybe?

·
Registered
2,904 Posts
Yes....a known fault covered under warranty. Seems to be just the driver's door.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,568 Posts
I've had my driver door handle replaced, used the rear offside whilst it was broken. In January at the service I reported the front passenger door handle and offside rear door handle as broken. It was in recently to have them replaced. Front nearside wasn't replaced, they did both rear doors! Now awaiting a phone call back about the front nearside handle.

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts