Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got any experience of replacing their suppliers ihd with something, hopefully, a bit more informative?
Seen the Hildebrand Glow recommended in a few places.

Apparently works with Octopus Agile but struggling to find details on how, and how easy/hard it is.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I’m interested in hearing anyone’s experience too. I don’t yet have a smart meter but I’d definitely like access to my data when I do. I think the hardest part may be getting your supplier to pair the meter to the CAD.
I also can’t see if you have to use a cloud service with this or whether you can access the data directly from the CAD.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I looked into the Hildebrand SMETS2 CAD a couple of months ago. Hildebrand is an accredited DCC User and they will do what is needed to pair the CAD (at least as far as Octopus‘ meters are concerned). As Octopus does not update the meter with 48 x 30 minute prices, then cost information will inevitably be incorrect. That said, Hildebrand do have they own App - BRIGHT - which is updated in the early hours of the following morning with the previous day’s data and prices. For this to work, Hildebrand will require your API. In truth, there are many other Apps and tools out there to get data so I haven’t taken up Hildebrand’s offer.

Apps include Octopus Watchdog and Octopus Energy Watch. You can also recover your data via N3rgy’s website. I also suggest that you look at Guy Lipman’s blog. He has written many useful tools to check bills; missing data etc.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
I have a 'Glow stick' so tend to use the 'Bright' app a lot more than the IHD. Also have some even better access to the data via APIs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts