Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
ZE50 GT Line R135 CCS, Mar '20
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had some problems with my smart meter not sending readings.

The problem initially coincided with my switch from British Gas to Octopus so put it down to an issue with the switching process.
Octopus have been trying various things and have at various points got it sort of working but often missing the odd day here and there.

Trawling back through my Amazon order history it struck me that I'd fitted our Blink 2 camera system around the same time as it originally failing, and the sync module it uses was placed pretty much directly above the meter.
The meter is outside at ground level, with the sync module on the other side of that exterior wall in the first floor bedroom above it, roughly 10 feet between them.

Moved the sync module further into the room, so it can still pick up the 2 cameras, and my readings now appear to be sent consistently.

Could of course be coincidence and Octopus managed to find the right combination of settings but wondered if anyone had similar experience, or heard of any?

·
Registered
322 Posts
I have a smart meter and a Blink 2 sync module about 2 metres apart with a stud wall between them, and haven't had any problems...

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Had some problems with my smart meter not sending readings.

The problem initially coincided with my switch from British Gas to Octopus so put it down to an issue with the switching process.
Octopus have been trying various things and have at various points got it sort of working but often missing the odd day here and there.

Trawling back through my Amazon order history it struck me that I'd fitted our Blink 2 camera system around the same time as it originally failing, and the sync module it uses was placed pretty much directly above the meter.
The meter is outside at ground level, with the sync module on the other side of that exterior wall in the first floor bedroom above it, roughly 10 feet between them.

Moved the sync module further into the room, so it can still pick up the 2 cameras, and my readings now appear to be sent consistently.

Could of course be coincidence and Octopus managed to find the right combination of settings but wondered if anyone had similar experience, or heard of any?
I assume that you are talking about a SMETS2 meter? Sign up to N3rgy and you can see clearly whether the issue is the data flow to the DCC, or the data flow from the DCC to Octopus. The flow from the DCC is via an adaptor provided by a third-party (TMA) and there has been some issues with this link recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts