Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Apologies if you thought my reply was rude. I was trying to draw a line under it and move on. I don't think there is a solution to your problem and it appears some followers of this thread are getting a little irritable.

·
EVEZY code d55d6 *** Try my car cost calculator
'19 BMW i3 120Ah / '20 Hyundai Kona 64kWh
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
I was trying to draw a line under it and move on.
Well - anyone who would like to draw a line under it and move on, and is getting tired and irritated by this, could simply just press the unfollow button. It’s a strange sort of self-punishment for such people to keep coming back for more.

The way I see it, the suggested technique (removing pedal pressure quickly) to address the issue / characteristic that I and at least a couple of other commenters (plus potentially other readers) have noticed was only really come upon through the discussion on page 4, and I’m yet to have a had a chance to see if it does the trick for my car.

So there is potentially a solution, or at least a workaround, which if it can become second nature will make using the SCC much more pleasant for me (and possibly for the other people who have also noticed the same issue).

I’m really sorry that some people appear to have been so put out by this thread to the point of feeling irritated by it...but, ultimately, I wouldn’t have learnt about the suggested technique to hopefully solve the issue had I not started and continued it.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
:)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Well - anyone who would like to draw a line under it and move on, and is getting tired and irritated by this, could simply just press the unfollow button. It’s a strange sort of self-punishment for such people to keep coming back for more.

The way I see it, the suggested technique (removing pedal pressure quickly) to address the issue / characteristic that I and at least a couple of other commenters (plus potentially other readers) have noticed was only really come upon through the discussion on page 4, and I’m yet to have a had a chance to see if it does the trick for my car.

So there is potentially a solution, or at least a workaround, which if it can become second nature will make using the SCC much more pleasant for me (and possibly for the other people who have also noticed the same issue).

I’m really sorry that some people appear to have been so put out by this thread to the point of feeling irritated by it...but, ultimately, I wouldn’t have learnt about the suggested technique to hopefully solve the issue had I not started and continued it.

I hope you all have a lovely day.
:)
Maybe better to try to find someone on here that are near enough to you that do not seem to notice the problem then try each others cars when you can?

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #105
Maybe better to try to find someone on here that are near enough to you that do not seem to notice the problem then try each others cars when you can?
Yes maybe Mike - although I get the impression that many in this thread don’t really like me enough to be willing to do that!

·
Registered
Kona64
1,550 Posts
To be clear there's 2 situations I am seeing

1) Driving in & at 30mph at 2am , and I turn on the cruise mode, then press the down-set button.
The take over by the computer should be smooth - it's not

2) On a 2 lane motorway at 70mph with the cruise on in charge. I manually brake down to mid 50s and when the Eddie Stobart type lorry has moved back into L1 I press the up-resume button. Again the takeover ought to be smooth and the acceleration satisfactory to a Granny on the backseat (person not cable). It doesn't seem to be that good.
Same if I let the car slow itself, but I'm old skool and normally prefer to be fully in charge of slowing down.

I need a long journey to fully try the modes and throttle-lift-offs to learn how best to use this in my Kona, it's just not as quality as other vehicles I've driven in the UK, 'Merica or SouthAfrica in the last 3years.

Reactions: Bill N

·
Registered
737 Posts
Yes maybe Mike - although I get the impression that many in this thread don’t really like me enough to be willing to do that!
I think you may be being a tad insensitive. It is hard to express real intentions on posts like these. I expect most, if not all, would help if they could. At least that way you may get some clarity.

·
Registered
Kona64
1,550 Posts
@gladini In my experience, 1and 2 are the same. I can get rid of any non-smoothness by simply lifting my foot completely off the accelerator at the same time I activate or resume SCC.
Thanks - I had a rare chance yesterday for a motorway mile and it seems it is indeed down to timing and the foot action

·
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #110

·
Registered
311 Posts
I haven't noticed any rough acceleration when activating SCC (2018 Kona with all updates done).
I live in Maidenhead so if anyone wish to try it (once convid restrictions lifted) please pm me. We can see if this is a fault with some cars or subjective perception.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts