Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate clutter so feel very much inclined to remove the now pointless tax disc.

But it says it's FREE!

That and I also wonder how much they're used by the traffic enforcers in Milton Keynes to identify an EV.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I'm leaving mine where it is because:
- it expired yesterday (renewed two weeks ago and they said not sending me a new one),and it's sort of cool to drive round with an expired tax disc and yet still be legal
- I was given a nice metal magnetic tax disc holder last Christmas and it seems a shame to remove it so soon
- I'll probably have to get the sticky stuff remover out to get rid of the ring on the windscreen!
:)

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
I did consider leaving it on for the cool "NIL" fee but I value the real estate of the windscreen more.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
I never even bothered putting a disc holder on the car, I just let the disc sit loosely on the dash, so now it's gone and I have a completely clear screen (well, apart from general grime, that is).

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Good point , westminster say with their free four hours parking there is no need to register as the warden will know it is an EV.
Do we trust them ?
That and I also wonder how much they're used by the traffic enforcers in Milton Keynes to identify an EV.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
`however my leaf needs taxing this morning and guess what the DVLA portal is broken, and the new one as well, all they had to do was stop sending out discs however they seem to have broken the entire process

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
My tax was due for renewal from today anyway, which I've done online. OH has gone to work in the C-Zero with the expired disc still in place.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Good point , westminster say with their free four hours parking there is no need to register as the warden will know it is an EV.
Do we trust them ?
I remember years ago there was some reality TV show following a warden around. They didn't ticket a BMW 3 Series because it was debadged, and they "couldn't be sure what it was". I rarely shout at the telly...

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hang on to these discs, someone told me these last ones will have collectors value. I'm going to keep mine with my " England World Cup Winners" stamp from the 1960's.
The sheer number of discs would suggest there will be plenty around for a very long time... maybe in a number of generations?!

·
Super Moderator
11,987 Posts
I shall leave mine there as a badge of pride. How else can I tell I'm superior to a cyclist?
Surprised that bicycles never needed a nil disc. Six years since we left the US and much of day-to-day life in Britain is still a mystery.

What is that paper thing that comes with the driving license for? I mean, yeah I know I have to have it and people behind counters ask to see it. But why????

1 - 20 of 54 Posts