Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my Kona EV for 6 months. I love the car. I have never seen another one on the road however and am starting to think I have the only one in my area. I’m hoping to learn about EV’s from this blog. But having read many of the posts I have realized there are many words used in the UK that I don’t recognize, so maybe I’ll learn some new words as well.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,597 Posts
There are folks here from around the world. Although it is predominantly a UK based forum everyone’s welcome.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I’ve had my Kona EV for 6 months. I love the car. I have never seen another one on the road however and am starting to think I have the only one in my area. I’m hoping to learn about EV’s from this blog. But having read many of the posts I have realized there are many words used in the UK that I don’t recognize, so maybe I’ll learn some new words as well.
Welcome to the forum from a fellow Kona owner (UK). I realise that there's a very slight language difference, I mean c'mon who spells colour without a U? Lol. There's a lot of words such as wing=fender, Bonnet=hood and so forth that weve become used, even perplex the wife when I say 'pop the hood', so I can fill the screen wash.
I'm learning a whole new language on here, it's full of acronyms such as GoM (Guess o Meter), I think that's the range to empty meter. SoC, (haven't a bloody clue what that means). So we are both learning a different language of sorts.
Anyway, welcome to the forum, I hope you and everyone you hold close to your heart are keerping safe and well. Best wishes. Brian

·
Registered
86 Posts
State of Charge (of battery, in %)
It looks like the forum could do a with a jargon list with translations in both English and American at least...
Brilliant, I thought it had something to do with how often I changed my socks. Every day is a school day.
Take care, keep safe. Brian

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
672 Posts
Glad you love your car. The petrol heads (gas heads doesn’t have the same ring to it) don't know what they are missing! My wife was on the cell phone to a friend some weeks ago, he an EV sceptic, didn’t realise that she was travelling at 60 mph until location cropped up in the conversation, the penny dropped, “oh electric cars are so quiet” Doh! They are easy to drive and don’t need much servicing…. Let’s hope your fellow country men start adopting them in droves soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts