Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Leaf lover
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forget “range anxiety”, 17,000 miles per annum says it doesn't exist.
“Price anxiety” on the other hand does exist, as I have realised in contemplating owning another Leaf to sit alongside my lovely blue Leaf. That I blame on the desirability of the i3 for me.

Forget how much it costs to run an ev, that’s just boring stuff. Anyway if cost was the only factor there are so many cheap-to-run cars to be had, it really is hard to justify an ev purchase.

So what so special about driving an ev?
Gears, or in our case lack of them.

We all just changed up and down through the gears and mostly didn't give it a thought. But subconsciously we tried to be in top as much as we could. I've noticed even in my auto mini that this the way I drive. In other words I believe it’s the car telling me how I should be driving it (a bit like the bugger up my tail), not the other way round.
However in my lovely blue Leaf driving is a pleasure. I drive as the mood takes me. And it takes me everywhere (subject to range). Some times I’m booming along and mostly not. But it does seem to me that ev don’t have what we call a cruise speed. That speed that is supposed to be its most efficient for an ordinary car.

So it is just so much more relaxing that I am in control.
And that’s special.

·
Administrator
11,835 Posts
Honestly for me driving an electric car (MINI E originally) was just a revelation. It was a blast, EVs can be so much fun to drive...

And if you're not having "fun", they can also be really, really relaxing to drive. Best of all worlds. Range is THE only reason not to get one in my mind, that's it, there's no other excuse. OK, range and towing. (?!)

·
Leaf lover
4,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honestly for me driving an electric car (MINI E originally) was just a revelation. It was a blast, EVs can be so much fun to drive...

And if you're not having "fun", they can also be really, really relaxing to drive. Best of all worlds. Range is THE only reason not to get one in my mind, that's it, there's no other excuse. OK, range and towing. (?!)
If I could tow a trailer with a Leaf on board using my Leaf and when the my Leaf's battery had nearly become empty swapped the cars over, how far could I travel?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts