Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have to confess that I haven’t driven the Tesla any real distance since December.

But today I had to take a trip and just happened to have version 2020.20 installed overnight.

Autopilot really is silky smooth and copes well with a fairly busy highway, people cutting in closely. I’m very impressed.

Now they just need to get more FSD features released!

Anyone else tried this version?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Yes..

Updated to 20.1 yesterday at work. Drove home, locked car, and this morning when I hit the keyfob to unlock.....

BEEP BEEP BEEP!! Car alarm went off and no amount of keyfob button pressing would disable it. Nor did it ping my phone telling me the alarm had activated. Very strange!

45 secs later the alarm stopped. I then looked in the Notifications menu, to see a "Unable to drive - authentication required" message....from 01:20AM ! When I was in bed fast asleep. I thought, maybe someone was trying to do the key clone trick to steal the car, so I checked the cameras, and absolutely no-one was around.

So I can only assume this is a software bug....anyone else seen this?!?!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Yes..

Updated to 20.1 yesterday at work. Drove home, locked car, and this morning when I hit the keyfob to unlock.....

BEEP BEEP BEEP!! Car alarm went off and no amount of keyfob button pressing would disable it. Nor did it ping my phone telling me the alarm had activated. Very strange!

45 secs later the alarm stopped. I then looked in the Notifications menu, to see a "Unable to drive - authentication required" message....from 01:20AM ! When I was in bed fast asleep. I thought, maybe someone was trying to do the key clone trick to steal the car, so I checked the cameras, and absolutely no-one was around.

So I can only assume this is a software bug....anyone else seen this?!?!
May be that fact that I am scarred from a large part of my career being in IT, that I have got into the habit of forcing a reset after software updates now. I have lost count of the number of glitches I have had following a software updates, parking sensors, screen corruption etc. which have been resolved, which have mostly resolved by a big reset, i.e. not just MCU.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts