Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
I believe it is a common problem too. With them off the damage can be repaired (by Tesla SC at no cost ???) and as long as they stay off you should be sorted. By leaving them on causing damage to the wheel then salt/dirt/crap/water is going to eat at them. I wonder what Tesla would say in say 2 years time....?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Resurrecting an oldish thread here... 'cos I've come across a problem with the aero covers.

Has anyone else noticed this happening on their wheels? If you haven't noticed it yet, I suggest you take your aeros off and have a very careful inspect of your rims.

Photo shows where the problem is happening, and it's on all four wheels, the light grey mark in the rebated rim is where the surface has rubbed off . . recommend everyone check theirs, I surely can't be the only one this is happening to...
You're not. It's a well-known problem and one that I highlighted 6 months ago: https://www.speakev.com/threads/started-buying-accessories.139386/#post-2623952

I've run without aeros since day one. I'm not leasing and I want to keep this car good for many years yet.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Personally, I like the look of the Aero wheel trims.

However, I would buy a set of 19" alloys for summer.

Put winter tyres on the 18" Aero wheels

·
Registered
95 Posts
There was a set of 19s on eBay not long ago and I was very tempted to get them apart from the thought of what my Wife might say about more spending on a car.... I like the idea of winter tyres on the 18s with the Aeros but in the end I like the Aeros far better than I thought I would. I've kept the nut covers and centre caps I bought a couple of weeks after I ordered the car in their bag and just left the covers on.

It is a car that suits bigger looking wheels and with the covers off I think the alloys underneath look slightly on the small side. I guess you could fit larger wall section rubber and go for a more 'classic' look to get the OD up...

41 - 47 of 47 Posts