Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Just received a notification on my phone that this is ready to install. Wonder what it will bring/patch/
According to one of the tesla forums includes the following tweaks

1) Stopping mode
2) Scheduled departure
3) 5% power increase
4) Automatic navigation

Not sure what some of these entail link on this update

·
Registered
75 Posts
Installed 2019.36.2.1 overnight. Drove to work this morning and looks like that annoying 'Low Tyre Pressure' pop-up warning has been removed :) Now just brings up the Tyre Pressure card (which you can swipe away) and the two 'alert' symbols at the very top of the touchscreen. No more pop-up! Can anyone else verify?

·
Registered
171 Posts
If you're on v10, but don't have 36.2.1 you can try forcing a software update by holding down the 'advanced button' in software for 10 seconds.

Mine didn't pickup an update naturally (SR+ no "FSD") but is now downloading.

5% more power here we come.

·
Registered
207 Posts

1) Stopping mode
2) Scheduled departure
3) 5% power increase
4) Automatic navigation

Also, rapid charging increase to 170kw for SR+ Bit of an understatement to call these a tweak :) These are significant improvements to a car people have already bought. One of the big reasons why Tesla is so far ahead of the rest.

·
Registered
556 Posts
What's the new SR+ 0-60 time?

Just installed 36.2.1 and did it using my phone as a mobile hotspot and the update was well under 1GB so easily done installed and downloaded within 40 mins.
2s :eek: ..... not quite.... it should be good for a theoretical 0.2s decrease so 5.1s
It shouldn't be long before the vbox results start turning up.

·
Ampera aka IGOR
3,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1) Stopping mode
2) Scheduled departure
3) 5% power increase
4) Automatic navigation

Weird, I thought I already had V10 as I had the new scheduled departure time, I've not had a chance to check for anything else since yesterday as I have a courtesy car whilst another car is in being sorted out and could get a call at any time that it is ready.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It as been commented on that I have a tendency for understatement so possibly not the best choice of words😃. Bit more information on the attached link on the new features also a comment that the 170kwh for the SR+ feature being in the 36.1 release but pulled from the 36.2.1 release !!! Still getting my head round this update stuff.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Downloading 2019.36.2.1 now. If I can get it installed before lunch time I'll test out supercharging (and the 5% power increase 😁) and see if there's any difference.
But since your car is by definition stationary you are just going to come back and complain about how slow your charging session was with your cold soaked battery? :)

·
Registered
543 Posts
I will install this update tonight.... wonder if I will notice the jump in performance from 482hp to 506hp :D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Hmm I need that fancy app that tesla bjorn has showing you all the temperatures etc. I did have the snowflake icon this morning so the battery will be cold. I'll set Hopwood as the destination in the sat nav so it does some preconditioning but its only a couple of miles from work so it doesn't give it much chance to warm up. I have been getting 100kW even in the recent cold weather and I'll have < 20% battery on arrival so I may be able to see if there's any difference....the app tells me the car is now rebooting.

·
Registered
543 Posts
You can see it here:

But of course more fun IRL
Wow, that's a noticeable difference... seems a lot more than a 5% increase!
To be honest, I don't think the Model 3 Performance needed a 5% boost, it was quick enough already.... but welcome it with open arms..
Thank you Elon :D lol

·
Registered
543 Posts
He giveth in HP and taketh in paint quality
Yeah... I try not to think about the paint quality, to the eye my car looks great with no noticeable paint issues. :D

1 - 20 of 108 Posts