Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just taken delivery of my Positiv model car, and customised all the options, set my FM and DAB favourites, and so on. I found the 'Software Versions' menu. My dealer mentioned there had been a new software update 'in the last few weeks' so I thought it might be interesting to compare software levels with those of you who've been having various infotainment system glitches. I haven't had any yet but then I've only had it two days!

All the various component software versions on mine are 'C.10.4' except for the 'HMI' component which is 'C.47.2'

I dont believe the Software Versions Menu is covered in the manual.. it is under 'Config'->'Radio Settings'->'Software Versions Menu'

Mike

·
Registered
395 Posts
That menu option does not exist anywhere on my Electron. The only data I can get on versions is that the MAP is 1152 V20.11.02.

I tried looking through ALL the menu options to find it.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
RayG said:
That menu option does not exist anywhere on my Electron. The only data I can get on versions is that the MAP is 1152 V20.11.02.

OK, that suggests to me Ray that as my car is a more recent ship to yours that it has a later level of software. It will be interesting to see if I encounter some of the bugs reported on this forum, like the favourites all disappearing..

Where did you find the version information you mention in your post?

·
Registered
5,188 Posts
RayG said:

Are you sure you checked ALL the menu options? On my car it is just under the DAB settings option, but you have to scroll the screen to see it so it is easy to miss.

hopbackguy said:
I've just taken delivery of my Positiv model car, and customised all the options, set my FM and DAB favourites, and so on. I found the 'Software Versions' menu. My dealer mentioned there had been a new software update 'in the last few weeks' so I thought it might be interesting to compare software levels with those of you who've been having various infotainment system glitches. I haven't had any yet but then I've only had it two days!

All the various component software versions on mine are 'C.10.4' except for the 'HMI' component which is 'C.47.2'

I dont believe the Software Versions Menu is covered in the manual.. it is under 'Config'->'Radio Settings'->'Software Versions Menu'

Mike
Those are exactly the same versions my car has (Volt without satnav delivered in July).

·
Registered
395 Posts
hopbackguy said:
OK, that suggests to me Ray that as my car is a more recent ship to yours that it has a later level of software. It will be interesting to see if I encounter some of the bugs reported on this forum, like the favourites all disappearing..

Where did you find the version information you mention in your post?
On the main config menu it is under the "NAV" section the option to show the software installed is in the initial list at the bottom IIRC. But this is ONLY the Navigation software not the software for the car. It would be interesting to see if your NAV version is the same.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RayG said:
On the main config menu it is under the "NAV" section the option to show the software installed is in the initial list at the bottom IIRC. But this is ONLY the Navigation software not the software for the car. It would be interesting to see if your NAV version is the same.
Ah - no, my model is a Positiv Ray, so no navigation system.

·
Registered
68 Posts
When I have a service next week I have requested a software update if there is one.
So, has anyone had a software update - how would we know (on my Ampera I can find no reference to a version apart from the Sat). What benefits are there in a later version?
6000 152mpg

·
Registered
395 Posts
I might be able to tell you after tomorrow - SatNav update and hopefully anything else that is available - not holding my breath on anything though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Service today Ray. The garage rang yesterday to confirm they had the Sat disc, I assume it is free. Will be interesting to find out how much they carte for the service.
6000 / 152

·
Registered
395 Posts
Well the sat nav update is a disappointment no improvement - just one listed item is resolved by the addition of a road name but all the other examples still do not work.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts