Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a software update in the last couple of days or are we all numb to updates now? I could find some references on another forum but nothing on here. I don't think there's anything major added, most noteworthy thing seems to be an option to see what features your car has. Like what version of autopilot computer you have in your vehicle.

·
Registered
495 Posts
They finally spelled Spotify correctly.

Autopilot feels different, maybe more prone to phantom breaking.

The ping ponging is real. But I think it's been there since the previous version.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No change detected in my car with autopilot function but I've never had an issue with it in any version. Phantom breaking - that's covered by warranty isn't it?!:)

·
Registered
93 Posts
The update corrected a recent issue with autopilot which I was having in stop start traffic. The previous update once the car had stopped showing the word hold below the speed either took too long to move forward once traffic in front moved away or didn’t move at all. The gap felt like you had stalled your ice car and struggling to restart to move away feeling tons of pressure from the cars behind thinking what is this idiot doing. Thankfully all sorted. Only the voice command system to sort now.

·
Registered
1,588 Posts
The update corrected a recent issue with autopilot which I was having in stop start traffic. The previous update once the car had stopped showing the word hold below the speed either took too long to move forward once traffic in front moved away or didn’t move at all.
You will notice that 'hold' comes on automagically when a pedestrian passed the front or back of you or a motorcycle has passed you since you have stopped in stop-and-go traffic.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You will notice that 'hold' comes on automagically when a pedestrian passed the front or back of you or a motorcycle has passed you since you have stopped in stop-and-go traffic.
The road I experienced this on didn’t have pedestrians or motorcycles passing.

·
Registered
135 Posts
So voice commands are working fine for me now.
I might give them another try... I gave up pretty quickly when the only thing that worked consistently was opening the glove box.

However, like most voice command systems, I am sure that I will only remember a few key phrases and never work out how to activate anything else. I see this as the biggest downside of voice command... I can usually remember to use it to place a phone call, but everything else is hit or miss even when everything is working as expected.

·
Registered
674 Posts
However, like most voice command systems, I am sure that I will only remember a few key phrases and never work out how to activate anything else. I see this as the biggest downside of voice command... I can usually remember to use it to place a phone call, but everything else is hit or miss even when everything is working as expected.
I'm fairly sure they're trying to make it more like google/Alexa/Siri than a usual car system, so you can say things like "I'm cold" as well as a specific command like "set temperature to 20 degrees".
It's definitely partially intelligent already as it can eliminate words around a command and seems ok with sentence structures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts