Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I took my car in for its 8,000 mile check. When I booked it, I mentioned the software update, and when I checked in with Service Reception (Drive Vauxhall, Aldershot), I mentioned that the software update would take several hours, so don't leave it until the last hour of the day to start it. The receptionist said (rather snottily) that the service department would schedule it accordingly.

At about 5pm, I got a phone call saying that the service had been completed and my car was ready for collection. I asked if the software update had been done, and she admitted that it hadn't because they didn't realise that it would take at least 4 hours, so only 1 hour had been allocated. I was not at all surprised by this. It's now booked in again next week with a 4 hour slot, so we'll see how that goes.

·
Registered
Kia e-Niro 4 MY20, Zoe Z.E.50 GT Line
1,563 Posts
Or maybe blame the designers for making the software update process so complex?
Well…. That’s a fair point. A four hour software update seems ill considered. But if the owner of the car can work out how long it takes, warns the dealer and they still can’t get that basic information right, what hope is there?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for that Andy, my wifes will be coming up fairly soon. When she last went in she was told by the salesman that they are all now receiving EV training, a little late I think, but hey. Also a new app was coming out called My Marquee. Its not out yet or i can find it but is supposed to be better that the Vauxhall app, that from a saleman ? Stay safe all

·
Registered
Vauxhall Corsa-e SE Nav
8 Posts
I wonder whether they just use MyMarque in PSA releases/training to mean generic PSA remote app and just substitute “Marque” for the specific PSA brand at the end of the day to make myOpel/Vauxhall/Peugeot/Citroen for public release. Or perhaps they would unify the lot to one single app. Who knows.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'd assume it won't go well and it will take them two days then be pleasantly surprised if it only takes the one!
Well, I took it in at 9:15 today, then got a call at 14:30 to say it was ready for collection and that the update had been completed without issue.

I've spent some time replacing favourite radio channels and sat-nav destinations. I've not seen any difference in the settings menus yet, so the locking options are not available. I've noticed that the GOM miles now reduce in single digit increments.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,465 Posts
@andyfras Thats good then. Nice to be pleasantly surprised when things go well :) Odd the hands free locking option hasn't shown up though.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
993 Posts
Well, I took it in at 9:15 today, then got a call at 14:30 to say it was ready for collection and that the update had been completed without issue.

I've spent some time replacing favourite radio channels and sat-nav destinations. I've not seen any difference in the settings menus yet, so the locking options are not available. I've noticed that the GOM miles now reduce in single digit increments.
I think the "proximity locking" is only available on top trim levels. What trim level is your Corsa-e?

If you fully charge to 100%, check that regen is working at that level.

·
Registered
Corsa-e Elite Nav 70 reg
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think the "proximity locking" is only available on top trim levels. What trim level is your Corsa-e?
Elite Nav
If you fully charge to 100%, check that regen is working at that level.
I fully charged it before I took it in, and there was very little regen on the 8 mile drive, but plenty on the way home.

·
Premium Member
2014 Model S
8,465 Posts
Sounds like all the update wasn't done fully. I'd query the dealer if you want the feature. It's loads better than the touch unlock but probably more of a security risk.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
993 Posts
When mine went in for the upgrade for the first time, it had failed. However, I noticed that the proximity locking was available in the menu and was working. It could be that the proximity locking ECU failed during your update. You should get them to confirm that ALL the ECU updates were completed. There are at least 7 items that need to be completed.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine is booked for it's first service as well this coming Friday. I need to remember to ask about the software update, when I've previously asked about proximity unlocking they said no Vauxhall has or has ever had that feature.

·
Registered
Corsa-e 2020
993 Posts
Mine is booked for it's first service as well this coming Friday. I need to remember to ask about the software update, when I've previously asked about proximity unlocking they said no Vauxhall has or has ever had that feature.
Just tell the ignoramus that gave you that information to look at the manual for the Corsa-e here: https://www.vauxhall.co.uk/content/...w-corsa/new_corsa-owners-manual-july-2020.pdf

Page 11 specifically. Then, ask him the same question you asked the first time around.

·
Registered
17 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts