Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Renault Zoe 2014 plate had a complete power failure at the weekend. Renault are saying that the 12V battery needs replacing but are now saying that it needs a major software update which would take 3-4 hours and cost me £379!! I did an update 1.5 years ago when prompted by Renault but where has this come from?? Why am I having to pay for them to update my Zoe? And if it’s something they have to do why isn’t it factored into the yearly service? Advice gratefully received.

·
Vendor
1,575 Posts
Did they give you more details? I know if no software update on the Zoe that takes 4 hours!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Did they give you more details? I know if no software update on the Zoe that takes 4 hours!
No details but they said that without the update it would not run to it’s full battery capacity. I’ve called them today and they are now saying that they’ve had to speak to France as my Zoe won’t update properly!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
It's only a fiddle to make it look as if the battery hasn't degraded. I'd just continue as before, and put up with a few miles less range IIWY.

·
Vendor
1,575 Posts
It's only a fiddle to make it look as if the battery hasn't degraded. I'd just continue as before, and put up with a few miles less range IIWY.
You do realise that SoH is just an algorithmic calculation? By using your advise he could just be running on less range for no reason. The BMS update improves the accuracy of the calculation.

·
Vendor
1,575 Posts
No details but they said that without the update it would not run to it’s full battery capacity. I’ve called them today and they are now saying that they’ve had to speak to France as my Zoe won’t update properly!!
BMS update will only take about 1.5 hours including the lock out

·
Vendor
1,575 Posts
Is it battery lease?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts