Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

21 - 40 of 112 Posts

Registered
We seem to be experiencing the same issue as my software version is the same as yours and it's doing exactly the same thing. I have tried all different ways leaving the car switched on with parking break on connected to my wi-fi for 30 min, disconnecting the battery, nothing seems to work 馃槧 . I think the only way to stop this annoying message popping up is a visit to a Nissan garage so they can install the software manually. It's a shame there is not an option to download it ourselves and install it via USB.
Thanks Silver, assume that if the car is under warranty there will be no charge? Love our car but things like this spoil the experience.

Registered
Some people on FB UK Nissan Leaf group also having same issue. Maybe its an issue coming from a particular version ?
When i did get mine updated it had that screen your showing and you could scroll down the T & Cs to get accept to show.(I think it had a slider to the right on screen)
I also had the cancelled screen , but i hadn't got parking brake on.
Unfortunately i didn't take note of the previous version.

Registered
2019 Nissan Leaf Tekna 40kw
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks Silver, assume that if the car is under warranty there will be no charge? Love our car but things like this spoil the experience.
I rang Nissan yesterday about it and booked the car in for June 1st as it's half term (I'm off work then and its not urgent) It shouldn't take too long to do. Absolutely there will be no charge as it's under warranty. Like you I love the car we have only had it 6 months from new and its only done 2500 miles with Covid but love driving it. It is a shame about the buggy software but I suppose nothings perfect but I'm sure it will get resolved eventually. 馃

Registered
I rang Nissan yesterday about it and booked the car in for June 1st as it's half term (I'm off work then and its not urgent) It shouldn't take too long to do. Absolutely there will be no charge as it's under warranty. Like you I love the car we have only had it 6 months from new and its only done 2500 miles with Covid but love driving it. It is a shame about the buggy software but I suppose nothings perfect but I'm sure it will get resolved eventually. 馃
Took delivery of ours in October last year and what with Covid and shielding have only done 700 miles.
Do you know if these software updates are important? I鈥檓 tempted to wait for the first service.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Took delivery of ours in October last year and what with Covid and shielding have only done 700 miles.
Do you know if these software updates are important? I鈥檓 tempted to wait for the first service.
I don't think the update is very important but I find it very annoying having the the message pop up every time you get in the car to drive and there is know way to stop it!
I personally couldn't wait another 6 months before the first service but you may have more patience than me.

Registered
I don't think the update is very important but I find it very annoying having the the message pop up every time you get in the car to drive and there is know way to stop it!
I personally couldn't wait another 6 months before the first service but you may have more patience than me.
It was very annoying as I was driving somewhere unfamiliar and must have popped up a dozen times.
when I got home it downloaded just fine but I had to scroll through some lengthy agreement to make it work.
When I restarted nothing seemed to have changed!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
It was very annoying as I was driving somewhere unfamiliar and must have popped up a dozen times.
when I got home it downloaded just fine but I had to scroll through some lengthy agreement to make it work.
Just out of interest were you experiencing the same pop up display as the ones I posted before you were able to download the update?

Registered
Ditto x 2. On my car it's allowing me to accept the new update but then does nothing. On my wife's it only gives the option to download 'later'. Having had some connectivity issues with mine last autumn - linked to a problem with the app - which largely corrected itself over a couple of weeks, I thought I would leave this for a while yet before contacting Nissan.

Registered
NISSAN LEAF 62Kwh
Went out in the LEAF this afternoon and immediately started bugging me that there was a system update to download, pressed "Later" as it wasn't convenient. The screen went away, then every 5 minutes it kept coming back up bugging me, in the end it became a war of attrition between me and the screen (my friend who was in the car with me suggested taking a double barrelled shotgun to it, a little extreme I thought) in the end it gave up and normal harmony was restored.

When I arrived home, the vehicle connected to the WIFI and I followed the procedure detailed in the video below:

2019 Nissan LEAF - System Updates (if so equipped)

It took about 15 minutes to down load the data for the up date, so it is best to switch the vehicle fully on so it is ready to drive but ensure that the park break is on (with the vehicle in stand by - it will shut down after 15 minutes and may interrupt or corrupt the down load data)

Once the down load has completed, then the system has to install it and this takes about 10 to 15 minutes (even though it states that it can take up to hour with 2 system reboots)

When done, a screen comes up to say that the system have successfully up dated and you have to press OK to complete.

All done. (hopefully)

Ernie
Problem for me was that I said ok and the download didn鈥檛 complete (I think) now I don鈥檛 get a choice to say accept, all I can do is later - obviously the shotgun is the only solution!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Problem for me was that I said ok and the download didn鈥檛 complete (I think) now I don鈥檛 get a choice to say accept, all I can do is later - obviously the shotgun is the only solution!
I wonder if it's the case of what previous version of software is installed as to whether you are able to install the update?
TylerCello has the same software version as myself and we are both experiencing the same issue not having the choice to 'ACCEPT' and are only able to select 'LATER'.

Registered
It's latest idiosyncrasy for me today: on my drive to work it asked me again to accept the update but then of course couldn't fulfil it because I was driving (and it requires the handbrake on) and told me so. I left it turned off parked at work for the day and when I set off home it immediately told me 'update completed successfully'. You just have to be patient with it, you see! :)

Does anyone know what benefits are found in the update? I've noticed that the parking warning beeps are now higher pitch, for example.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
It's latest idiosyncrasy for me today: on my drive to work it asked me again to accept the update but then of course couldn't fulfil it because I was driving (and it requires the handbrake on) and told me so. I left it turned off parked at work for the day and when I set off home it immediately told me 'update completed successfully'. You just have to be patient with it, you see! :)

Does anyone know what benefits are found in the update? I've noticed that the parking warning beeps are now higher pitch, for example.
That's all OK if you can select 'accept' when you are parked up, but it is greyed out all the time and also you keep getting the message that the software failed to install when you restart the car.

Registered
My car didn't prompt me that an update was available but I navigated to the menu and looked for an update while I was downloading some dashcam footage. I had tried last week and didn't find an update so wasn't expecting it to find one. It took ages on a blank screen looking for an update so I abandoned it. Then all of a sudden it said update was available and it allowed me to accept straight away.

The car was plugged in and charging also had the car on while I downloaded the dashcam video. I stayed in the car through the whole process which took about 30 mins. I left the car switched on while charging while I waited.

Here are some photos of the process, I know it doesn't help those who are having issues but thought it might be useful for others to know what to expect.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Registered

I have noticed the parking sensor beeps are different. Other that that I haven't noticed much else but hopefully the system is more stable?

Registered
Same problem with my wife's Nissan Leaf.

Getting the same regular and annoying messages saying that the update has been cancelled.

So I have tried sat parked on the drive at home. Tried setting the update mode to Manual and Automatic.

Definitely have the parking brake on.

In fact if I release the parking brake the message changes saying that the car must be stationary with the parking brake applied.

Then when I apply the parking brake it shows the update screen with 'ACCEPT' greyed out and the only available option 'LATER' and if you select that you are greeted with another smug message saying that the update has been cancelled.

More worrying is that I saw there was a MAP UPDATE function so I thought I'd try that, see if that has the same issue. That fails with a message that the Map subscription has expired - on a 6 month old car.

Cheers,

Nigel

Ernie
Confirmed in the week that this problem is not user fixable. Trip to the dealer I鈥檓 afraid. Hopefully they鈥檒l learn to get the next one right!

Registered
My car didn't prompt me that an update was available but I navigated to the menu and looked for an update while I was downloading some dashcam footage. I had tried last week and didn't find an update so wasn't expecting it to find one. It took ages on a blank screen looking for an update so I abandoned it. Then all of a sudden it said update was available and it allowed me to accept straight away.

The car was plugged in and charging also had the car on while I downloaded the dashcam video. I stayed in the car through the whole process which took about 30 mins. I left the car switched on while charging while I waited.

Here are some photos of the process, I know it doesn't help those who are having issues but thought it might be useful for others to know what to expect.

I've just tried it while charging - that didn't help, same problem, the 'ACCEPT' button is greyed out.

Cheers,

Nigel

21 - 40 of 112 Posts