Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have just uploaded another video about software updates.

I didn’t mention the 2nd generation comfort system update as previously covered in another video.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,069 Posts
Oh me or Oh M?

Reactions: SueH

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or Ohme :D

·
Registered
15 Posts
Many thanks Mike for that summary. I'm just about to have my latest bms update (charge with door unlocked) hopefully this is the one which has corrected all the previous issues that you mention.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Thanks Mike for a detailed and comprehensive description which concurs with my understanding. I agree that owners would be advised to check that they have the HV fuse, door loom and latest (January 2021) BMS update but not to take the battery heater update unless they frequently rapid charge where ambient temperatures are below 5 degrees Celsius.

·
Registered
52 Posts
My car goes in for service on Wednesday so I'm hoping to finally get the BMS updates to permit delayed and unlocked charging. Once its been upgraded how do you stop the charge? I currently unlock the car which stops the charging and releases the cable locks so I can unplug. Don't want it to be a problem when using a public recharger.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
My car goes in for service on Wednesday so I'm hoping to finally get the BMS updates to permit delayed and unlocked charging. Once its been upgraded how do you stop the charge? I currently unlock the car which stops the charging and releases the cable locks so I can unplug. Don't want it to be a problem when using a public recharger.
Just press the unlock button on your key fob and it will unlock the cable from the car.
I used my almost brand new type 2 public charging cable on a Tesco Pod Point 7kw post only today.
Doors unlocked ( wife sitting in the car ) plugged in and the charge commenced straight away.
I then pressed the fob unlock button, as soon as I hit the fob button, the post stopped the charge, I then released the cable from the post and all was good.
This is the first time I have ever used the facility to pull a charge while the doors of the car where unlocked / open.
I had the latest BMS update applied to my car, only three days after it was first released on Friday 15th Jan 2021.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts