Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if and how to update the cars software? I’m also wondering how often they push updates to the car.

I am not talking about CarPlay or the Android equivalent. I am talking about the actual car software.

I’m thinking about Tesla’s model of frequent updates that improve car features. I assume VW isn’t nearly as good as Tesla at this, but I’m hoping they do occasionally update.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

·
Registered
64 Posts
No OTA updates as far as I know but I did get a call from the dealer a few weeks ago to bring the car in for an update.

It was called 91R6 and to do with CarNet reliability. CarNet's been relatively ok for me though so I haven't bothered to take the car in yet.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah ok, thanks. Got mine in April and haven’t taken it in yet.

There’s no change log or release notes that y’all have found, is there? Would be nice to have some kind of hub to learn about what’s new and what’s coming.

Do you know any more details about what was in the update you got?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Generally VW dealers will record on the service book any updates that have been applied; unfortunately with current vehicles not being supplied with a paper book (another cost cutting exercise) an online version is accessible by the owner, so hopefully any info would be readable there.
Last two updates we had, 1st and 2nd year services, our book was suitably stamped recording the recall number.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts