Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a list of software updates and a summary of what each one does anywhere?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
There have been 2 or 3 BMS updates, Comfort 2, HV Fuse, door wiring loom and now battery heating. Don't think there is any way for an owner to be sure what has already been applied through displayed version no etc. and a number of example where updates don't appear to have been properly applied.

Presumably dealers will have a record of available updates, what has been applied to a particular vehicle and the benefit each update offers.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
The only ones we are aware of are:
1. BMS update November 2019 (free under warranty )
2. 2nd Generation Comfort System update June 2020 (chargeable at dealers discretion)
3. BMS update inc charging while not plugged in July 2020 (free under warranty)
4. HV fuse update July 2020 (free under warranty)
5. HV battery heater update November 2020. (Chargeable at dealers discretion)

Reactions: Carty and qssdrvc

·
Registered
611 Posts
2. 2nd Generation Comfort System update June 2020 (chargeable at dealers discretion)
Number 5 seems to be another ‘ministry of misinformation’ special though? Or has that been resolved?

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I was at my local dealer only two days ago as my first service is due on the 6th of Jan 2021.
They are not taking any more bookings before Christmas and therefore the car booked in for the 6th Jan.
This is bang on the same date as I collected the car from the supplying dealer.
While there, I asked could they tell me what updates / recalls that my car was likely to need, as I would like them to be done on the same appointment.
The service advisor said the only update they knew of, was the "Comfort 2" update and NO other updates where available !.
She then asked if I wanted to book the car in for this ( chargeable to customer ) update.
I then told her that the update had been done at the SAME dealer only 4 weeks ago.
The same person handed me my keys and dealt with the payment for the work.
So, more than just a little frustrated by her lack of knowledge, I produced three sheets of paper from my jacket pocket that could suggest that my car DID require the wiring loom replacement and the HV battery fuse update.
One of the sheets was the actual MG service bulletin ( SO17 ) for the HV battery fuse update.
She was more concerned on how I had this document in my possession and made off to see the service manger.
I was really hoping that he would return with the info, but no such chance.
When she returned, she said that the car WOULD require the wire loom replacement and the HV battery update, but that was it.
I informed her that it was extremely likely that my car would also require the second BMS update ( maybe SO15 ) to update the type 2 charging protocol and would allow the car to fast charge with the doors unlocked.
I could see this went completely over head.
Due to her negative and unresponsive attitude I felt it necessary to state, that I thought that it was really poor that the customers are having to inform the dealer what there car require and NOT the other way around.
I don't think she even grasped what I sad by :- "Another typical case of the tail waging the dog."
To be honest, I was totally expecting what I received.
That is why I went pre-prepared with the information in the first place.
All gladly received from this forum it has to be said !.
Already I know I am going to be meeting the service manager after I get my car back with out some of the work not carried out.

·
Registered
MG ZS EV
484 Posts
I am trying to work out no. 3... is this a new lightening connector?

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
Reactions: Brian G

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was at my local dealer only two days ago as my first service is due on the 6th of Jan 2021.
They are not taking any more bookings before Christmas and therefore the car booked in for the 6th Jan.
This is bang on the same date as I collected the car from the supplying dealer.
While there, I asked could they tell me what updates / recalls that my car was likely to need, as I would like them to be done on the same appointment.
The service advisor said the only update they knew of, was the "Comfort 2" update and NO other updates where available !.
She then asked if I wanted to book the car in for this ( chargeable to customer ) update.
I then told her that the update had been done at the SAME dealer only 4 weeks ago.
The same person handed me my keys and dealt with the payment for the work.
So, more than just a little frustrated by her lack of knowledge, I produced three sheets of paper from my jacket pocket that could suggest that my car DID require the wiring loom replacement and the HV battery fuse update.
One of the sheets was the actual MG service bulletin ( SO17 ) for the HV battery fuse update.
She was more concerned on how I had this document in my possession and made off to see the service manger.
I was really hoping that he would return with the info, but no such chance.
When she returned, she said that the car WOULD require the wire loom replacement and the HV battery update, but that was it.
I informed her that it was extremely likely that my car would also require the second BMS update ( maybe SO15 ) to update the type 2 charging protocol and would allow the car to fast charge with the doors unlocked.
I could see this went completely over head.
Due to her negative and unresponsive attitude I felt it necessary to state, that I thought that it was really poor that the customers are having to inform the dealer what there car require and NOT the other way around.
I don't think she even grasped what I sad by :- "Another typical case of the tail waging the dog."
To be honest, I was totally expecting what I received.
That is why I went pre-prepared with the information in the first place.
All gladly received from this forum it has to be said !.
Already I know I am going to be meeting the service manager after I get my car back with out some of the work not carried out.
Similar response from my dealer. They've had 2 attempts now to install the comfort update, which they charged me for. Still missing things like outside temperature so I know they've not done it properly. They really have limited competency for Ev's. Will be taking her elsewhere when service is due and will have them try it.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Similar response from my dealer. They've had 2 attempts now to install the comfort update, which they charged me for. Still missing things like outside temperature so I know they've not done it properly. They really have limited competency for Ev's. Will be taking her elsewhere when service is due and will have them try it.
Not all, but most are clueless !.
I had the same experience when I had my GTE.
UntilI found a senior tech who gave a dam !.
He was a brilliant example of how it should work.
If I had any issues that I wanted to discuss about a week prior to booking in the car in, I would e.mail him on his company e.mail address.
At least he had time then to research any issues that they had not come across before.
It saves both workshop time and my time also.
I really miss this type of relationship.
This type of service is extremely rare I know, but it worked brilliantly.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts