Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just seen a post on a different forum that suggests that V2.2 may now be available - worryingly it seems the dealer indicated it wasn’t OTA.

I’ve nit heard this first hand, so it may well not be true, I’m seeing my dealer on Monday, so will see what I can uncover.

·
Registered
429 Posts
They’re going to have to come up with some pretty compelling new features if they are expecting the entire customer base to be taking their cars back to the dealers for a multi-day software update every couple of months.

My car is still on the original 0564 version. It’s booked in to receive 2.1 next week. I have to say, apart from wanting the software to be a bit quicker to wake up when the car is started, I’m not having any problems with it. It threw up a couple of spurious error messages in the first week I had it, but that’s it. I’m not missing Carplay and the home button being on the left side of the screen suits me as a left-handed person.

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
7,804 Posts
Over the Air updates are in a legal grey area in the EU, as they don’t necessarily comply with Type Approval rules, unless the right hoops are jumped through and the updates approved with regulators before issue.

I imagine VW, especially after Diesel Gate, are keen not to incur the wrath of regulators by further and so it may well be the case that any updates that might impact a models existing type approval might have to be done at a dealer.

Maybe it’s time for the Type Approval rules to be reviewed in light of what manufacturers want to and can do via OTA.

I think somebody on here with a Norwegian contact mentioned a ‘2.2 Update’ coming in the summer, but how true it is I don’t know.

It would have to be pretty compelling to get me back in to the dealer, as mine is peachy on 2.1. Maybe they could do it at the next inspection service if it does require a visit, in 18 months or so.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.