1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tesla have just announced the rollout of Software Version 10.0

Some interesting tidbits for M3 SR+ owners:
Streaming Media & Browser Support Coming to all Model 3 Vehicles
To take advantage of the advanced media features in Software Version 10.0, we are also enabling browser access on all Model 3 Standard Range Plus and Standard Range vehicles. The update will also enable streaming media access to Spotify, TuneIn, and Slacker while connected to WiFi for these cars.
Source: https://www.tesla.com/blog/introducing-software-version-10-0

I would also assume that SR+ will also get access to YouTube and Netflix, but again only when connected to Wi-Fi/mobile phone hotspot

·
Registered
535 Posts
Ahhh that's good they've changed the wording. Before it said "while parked and connected to WiFi" so I thought you could only stream music if you were parked up, which would suck as the Spotify integration on the model 3 actually works unlike the S/X where it would effectively crash each time the buffer ran out.
Hopefully V10 will be rolling out in the UK soon as it does say "around the world"

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Spotify is constantly crashing on our M3, but I am not sure if that is my car or general reception problems where we live. Any way of checking other than watching the bars on the top left of screen?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
But does include traffic visualisation for us SR+ owners - I’ve been caught out multiple times by night time motorway closures
Visualation != Routing, the routing will take 'what it knows' into account, even if it does not show it on the map for you.

I do however find Waze way better but as others said, YMMV

·
Premium Member
10,040 Posts
But does include traffic visualisation for us SR+ owners - I’ve been caught out multiple times by night time motorway closures
Unlikely. That is part of the Premium connectivity which will (hopefully) be available as a paid upgrade. Note SR+ Spotify and Tunein in v10 will only work on WIFI until that is available. Using phone hotspot is an option (subject to data plan) but unlikely to be entirely satisfactory as unlike car it has (a) no external aerial (b) no UK roaming. Also, people doing so also need to take care that the car doesn't decide to download >2GB of maps while connected - unless they have plan to cope ;)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Most data plans these days are huge, my wife recently renewed a sim only plan and got 50GB for the same price she was paying for 1GB. I think I'm on about 25GB for less than £15 a month and my son has unlimited media which includes spotify, youtube and netflix. while there's no external antenna I've not noticed much difference in signal strength between the car and a mobile on the same network.
Either way, I'd rather the car was using it's own data, but a mobile hotspot really isn't much of an issue, I could set it to auto turn on when I enter the car.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Be aware that many data plans are for the device itself and do not include allowance for hotspot use. My "Unlimited" data plan is restricted to a "mere" 20GB for hotspot/tethered use.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I believe Tesla stopped you tethering to a hot spot (ie your phone) when moving - I don't know if that is still the case but using your own data plan may not be an option
Yes I think it came in late-V8 or V9 - as soon as the car is out of park you will note it goes on Mobile. Apparently it had something to do with music-buffering-when-leaving-your-house

·
Registered
317 Posts
Which of the following is correct regarding receiving the notification for a software update and downloading the update to the car:

1- You can be anywhere, car not connected to WiFi, and you will get a notification on your phone or car that there's an update. You then need to connect the car to WiFi to download and install the update.

2- You need to have the car connected to WiFi to receive the notification that there's an update.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
2- You need to have the car connected to WiFi to receive the notification that there's an update.

• You will only get a notification that you can install the update once the update has been downloaded to your car, this is symbolised by a yellow clock on the screen and your phone will get a notification
  • You will however in your car get a greenish-download icon if there is a update PENDING to download as of a version-or-two-ago

1 - 20 of 256 Posts