Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Since yesterday YouTube seems to be only working when connected to WiFi, not on LTE. Netflix working fine.

SR+

·
Striving for a greener planet
215 Posts
Boom! Software update came available last night. Installing now. Not sure what version yet. Little nippy outside
No idea if it was because of anything that I had been tinkering with, probably not. Probably just needed patience which I’ve used up my quota up for the year waiting for the car :LOL:

·
215 Posts
Yeah I have FSD.
Have engaged hold mode and heading out this arvo so I’ll report back. Driven a Kona but that didn’t have full one break so this should be interesting

·
215 Posts
So had a go around town on the one pedal driving.
Will take some getting used to and understand when you still need to intervene and from what speed.You have to get used to feathering the go pedal even more than before. Glad there is an icon on the screen that appears when it has been held. I am used to having creep on and that is obviously completely gone now.
Overall, like it. Will just take a little adjustment on my part

Oh, and saw cones on the screen for the first time. Real nice touch and pretty accurate. Even picked one up on the pavement on the other side of the road

·
Registered
329 Posts
For those of you that have FSD and want the latest update, suggest going in the car and going in the software page. The car should check for any updates.

·
Registered
471 Posts
For those of you that have FSD and want the latest update, suggest going in the car and going in the software page. The car should check for any updates.
Has anyone actually had the update appear doing this, I had an update pending and this never made it appear.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #252
Collected my SR+ today. Already had software version 2019.32.12.2

One interesting thing I’ve stumbled across but not seen mentioned anywhere;

There’s a workaround to play BBC iPlayer and other video streams in full screen with audio (including BT Sport if you have a subscription). I haven’t tried, but assume ITV Hub, All 4 etc will also work.

1. Load the YouTube app
2. Search for “google link”
3. Tap on the video that’s called something like “google link in description”
4. Scroll down to the description of the video and tap on the link to google.
5. Google page will load
6. Search for iPlayer, BT Sport etc
7. Tap on the result
8. Now log in to the service (iPlayer/BT Sport)
9. Play any live or on demand video

Note: you can do all this from the bowser app and by pass steps 1-4 but it won’t be in full screen and no audio will NOT play via the cars sound system.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Hmm just when I thought scheduled charging might be a good way of getting the costs down I see this in the manual.

"Note: Your vehicle aims to finish charging before 6am (end of off-peak hours). If given sufficient time to charge, charging may stop at 6am, even if your scheduled departure is later. If the vehicle does not have enough time to complete charging before 6am, it will continue to charge until it reaches the target battery percentage."

Because one of the tesla programmers had a tariff where off peak finished at 6am, the code is hardcoded to stop then, no matter what stop time you set in the car?

Slow clap...

So something that other EVs got right from day 1, Tesla finally roll out and.. fail to notice a snafu like that, even going as far as putting it in the manual.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Has anyone actually had the update appear doing this, I had an update pending and this never made it appear.

This morning I got in the car and went to the software page a few times, all said software is up to date.

A few moments later the download icon appeared.

So I'm still not sure if it helps or not. Seen people saying that pressing and holding the advanced button works.

·
Registered
471 Posts
This actually made mine appear today ironically. I pressed software and it took a lot longer than normal to check as it normally takes 1 or 2 seconds. And hey prosto update available.

·
Registered
329 Posts
YouTube working again on the car's mobile data.

My impression is: inicial deal: roaming from the Netherlands: working YouTube. Then GB data: YouTube not working. Now dados de España, YouTube working again.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts