Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Anyone who has picked up their new cars, how is the app and software ? This is usually the main issue with new EVs (see ID.3)
Can you pre-condition, can you see where the car is etc..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not connected the app yet, but I've noticed that the current firmware (FCA_R1L_ARM64_00.26.21.12.00 on the head unit) has messed up menus for Safety and driving assistance (all the intermediate menu labels are blank). If you click through, the functions underneath seem to work.
From in the car, you can set 3 schedules for charging and climate, and it seems independently set the charge rate in 5 stages. I'll look at charging tomorrow since I have weekend off-peak.

·
Registered
3 Posts
We have had a 500E La Prima for around 6 weeks now and we can confirm there are some issues which we suspect are SW related.

There are inconsistences with the relationship between battery charge level and range. i.e. We charged to 100% and the range dropped by 23 miles before the battery capacity reduced to 99%. The range then reduced by 2 miles when the charge level reduced to 98% Regardless of driving style I would expect there to be a more accurate correlation between these 2 measurements. 1% = 23 miles and then 1% = 2 miles is not very helpful.

The speed and range were set for MPH and and Miles respectively. 3 times now, these settings have randomly switched to Kmh and Km and had to be reset in the units settings. When I saw the speedo at 47 I though a speeding ticket would be arriving soon but then realised the display was in Km/h

With the car switched off and locked, when you plug in a charge cable the radio bursts into life for around 20 seconds.

The battery capacity varies quite a bit from charge to charge. On 17th July a 100% charge indicated a potential range of 205 Miles in SHERPA mode. On 30th July, 100% indixcated 165 Miles in SHERPA mode.

This is not SW related but we also have concerns with the E-Mode selection switch on the centre console. Twice now, my partner has accidentally put the car into SHERPA mode whilst I was driving around 70mph. This causes the car to suddenly brake and reduce speed to 50mph. The E-Mode switch is on the passenger side of the centre console. She mistook it for the volume control. In left hand drive vehciles this would not be such a problem.

I am logging these type of occurrences and will present them to the dealer and FIAT customer services as appropriate but it does look like there should, perhaps, have ben a bit more regression testing.

Other than that, we love the car and would recommend it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Collected my La Prima 3 weeks ago. It had recall Software updates installed prior to delivery, which delayed collection. I am still familiarising myself, but car is going back in hopefully for Nav update and others as Traffic Information and Tyre Pressures do not show. I can't be sure everything else is working at this stage. As to battery percentage and range , I wonder whether previous driving styles/modes are taken into consideration in the calculation of range.

Great car and opted for the electric sunroof, which is great to have.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Collected my La Prima 3 weeks ago. It had recall Software updates installed prior to delivery, which delayed collection. I am still familiarising myself, but car is going back in hopefully for Nav update and others as Traffic Information and Tyre Pressures do not show. I can't be sure everything else is working at this stage. As to battery percentage and range , I wonder whether previous driving styles/modes are taken into consideration in the calculation of range.

Great car and opted for the electric sunroof, which is great to have.
Yes.
Sunroof and winter pack extras here also. Ocean Green. Fantastic.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still made zero progress with setting up connected services, I'm hoping this will give better battery management since coming from teslafi where every drive is logged on a website the data available is a bit light. We're finding the start/stop button a bit odd. Surely it shouldn't be necessary to turn the car off before locking it? But then the lights/radio stay on and charging timers are ignored.

Its very clear that 'EV' options are an afterthought in the radio software. No way to 'charge now' if schedules are set (and who won't have scheduled charging if they have a dual rate tariff?), and most of the display cards seem fairly inaccurate. I've not managed to get a sensible watt hour/mile display, 0.3 kWh/M mile really isn't accurate enough.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have a look at page 204 & 205 of the owners Manual. I haven't tried this yet, and not sure if my interpretation is correct .Next time I have the car in the garage , I will experiment. I to have scheduled charging set for my Octopus Go low rate :
When the charging cable is inserted and there are no charging schedules selected, the cable will be locked and the immediate charging procedure will begin. LED (B) fig. 212 and LEDs (B) fig. 211 will light up green flashing/fixed depending on the state of charge of the battery portion indicated by the LED. The fixed green light indicates that the battery portion is fully charged.
To switch to immediate charging mode during scheduled charging:
if charging is in progress, interrupt the scheduled charging first (see chapter "Interrupting charging");
activate immediate recharging by pressing the button again (A) fig. 212 on the port.

·
Registered
11 Posts
tsh2, I plugged in this morning, and vehicle recognised the scheduled time (00:30 - 04:30). I pressed the Black (Sealed button below the lights) in the charging port and vehicle started charging overriding the schedule. I hope this assists.:cool:

·
Registered
11 Posts
tsh2, I plugged in this morning, and vehicle recognised the scheduled time (00:30 - 04:30). I pressed the Black (Sealed button below the lights) in the charging port and vehicle started charging overriding the schedule. I hope this assists.:cool:
Yss, I managed to get to the manual last night. It seems that the button toggles between Charge/Schedule/Stop in some way which is (to me) badly described in the manual. One of the few cases where a flowchart would make sense, I think.

It took me 3 different computers to access the manual. My phone would open it from the QR code in the short printed guide, but not download it. If I shared the same URL to my laptop, I was given a login page (which seemed to know of 2 of my email addresses already, but wouldn't let me reset passwords, would register a 3rd email - but without a password, so that is lost too). Finally, my chromebook did open the QR code link and allow me to save the document. Direct link (hosted by Fiat, not bypassing any access control) is below.
00_332_NUOVA500_603.85.345_EN_01_03.21_L_LG.pdf (fiat.com)

I note that all the lights on the charge port go off whilst it is waiting to charge (which makes sense, I would expect the car to be in a sleep state).

·
Registered
11 Posts
Quick update on the app. After waiting for a week, support in Italy confirmed that the email address which the system was expecting wasn't the one we had provided. After this was updated, we needed to re-register.

App and website are now available, but the feature set seems not what they expect. Still in contact with them, seems like they need someone with a car to debug. No charge, battery or range info at the moment. Can't set speed or ringfence alerts either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know of the car supports over the air (OTA) updates?
According to the manual, yes. It will connect to WiFi, but I've not checked if it is doing anything (there is no indication). The manual also says free cellular download if WiFi is not connected.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts