Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a used 2015 e-tron 2 months ago and I'm happy with everything except the brakes. They are fine for normal driving when you more or less only use the regen braking but the few times I've really needed to brake hard the response is terrible. There is absolutely no bite in the brakes at all. So my question is what is your experience with the brakes? Are they normally relatively soggy or should I consider bringing it in even though it just had been serviced before I bought it?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Have a late 2015 etron from new and brakes are good. Gentle pressure on pedal slows nicely but if you stab the break pedal it responds very aggressively. I believe audi have what they call adaptive breaking which responds harder if you hit the breaks quickly.

Biggest problem I had was (on the odd occasion) forgetting it's an automatic and using the left foot on the clutch!!!!!!!!!!.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Milli, I'd suggest you bring your used e-tron to a mechanic you trust and have them take a look. Maybe the previous owner went to the cheapest place to replace the brakes or maybe no work was ever done.
I've put on over 30,000 kms on mine in just over a year and no issues what-so-ever with stopping.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the feedback. The car has been serviced by the original Audi dealer according to schedule and in the last service they even did the big software upgrade but I guess that doesn't mean that they actually checked the brakes.
Based on your descriptions it sounds like I should bring it in any case, even though missed that warranty expired end of April...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts