Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have taken a screen shot of my 2016 30kw leaf on leaf spy. I was just wondering how it compares to other leafs of simpler miles age. Basically do I have a good battery or not.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hi I have taken a screen shot of my 2016 30kw leaf on leaf spy. I was just wondering how it compares to other leafs of simpler miles age. Basically do I have a good battery or not. View attachment 132064
Hi there #Highlaneleaf. A fortnight ago I sold my March 2017 leaf 30kw to my brother. Thought I should check the SOH before I did the deed. 25,000 miles, SOH came out at 92%. The only other information is that we found a checking slip in the car which indicated that it had been built several months earlier than delivered, so the battery was older than the registration of the car indicated. Took delivery of a new leaf Tekna e+ (that's the 62kWhr battery), with 5 miles on the clock. At the end of the warranty certificate it gives a battery check on delivery - which was many months earlier. Having read all sorts about the perils of batteries being left standing, I was eager to see the SOH. Came out at 99%, so no worries there. I intend to keep the car a long time, so I may report back once in a while. Lovely car to drive.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi there #Highlaneleaf. A fortnight ago I sold my March 2017 leaf 30kw to my brother. Thought I should check the SOH before I did the deed. 25,000 miles, SOH came out at 92%. The only other information is that we found a checking slip in the car which indicated that it had been built several months earlier than delivered, so the battery was older than the registration of the car indicated. Took delivery of a new leaf Tekna e+ (that's the 62kWhr battery), with 5 miles on the clock. At the end of the warranty certificate it gives a battery check on delivery - which was many months earlier. Having read all sorts about the perils of batteries being left standing, I was eager to see the SOH. Came out at 99%, so no worries there. I intend to keep the car a long time, so I may report back once in a while. Lovely car to drive.
Hope you get many trouble free miles.
Thanks for your time replying. Seems my battery is in good condition for its age and miles.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what sort of range do you get?
Hi I live in the high peak area so lots of hills. Yesterday I drove just shy of 100 miles on one full charge turned up with 12 percent of the battery charge left. The outside temperature was between 8c and 16c on the journey with intermittent heavy rain. This was going over the Pennines towards Sheffield and back. The best I've had so far is 140 miles on one charge in perfect weather conditions and not many hills. Running on the 16 inch alloys on Goodyear vector 4 seasons tyres.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi there #Highlaneleaf. A fortnight ago I sold my March 2017 leaf 30kw to my brother. Thought I should check the SOH before I did the deed. 25,000 miles, SOH came out at 92%. The only other information is that we found a checking slip in the car which indicated that it had been built several months earlier than delivered, so the battery was older than the registration of the car indicated. Took delivery of a new leaf Tekna e+ (that's the 62kWhr battery), with 5 miles on clock.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Like wise I have a 62Kwh Tekna that I took delivery of, on 10th March 2020 - the vehicle was manufactured during the last week of November 2019 and ended up at the dealership during the last week of January 2020 and was their showroom model until I took delivery with 5 miles on the clock.

I didn't use the vehicle much during lockdown but did manage to do regular 6 mile trips for essentials and kept the battery charge between 40% and 70% SOC. The battery SOH has rapidly declined as the data below shows - on 100% charge all the the cell are in very good order and balance well. I have now covered nearly 3K miles with 1 rapid charge a couple of weeks ago. I would be grateful if you could monitor your vehicle to see if there are any similarities.

Date: 11-03-2020 – SOH = 99.57% --- Kwh Remain = 59.6 Kwh --- GIDS = 769 – State of Charge (SOC) 99%
Date: 16-03-2020 – SOH = 99.54% --- Kwh Remain = 59.9 Kwh --- GIDS = 773 – State of Charge (SOC) 99.5%
Date: 25-04-2020 – SOH = 96.86% --- Kwh Remain = 57.7 Kwh --- GIDS = 744 – State of Charge (SOC) 98.5%
Date: 21-05-2020 – SOH = 96.59% --- Kwh Remain = 56.5 Kwh --- GIDS = 729 – State of Charge (SOC) 96.8%
Date: 29-06-2020 – SOH = 96.34% --- Kwh Remain = 57.4 Kwh --- GIDS = 741 – State of Charge (SOC) 98.7%

1 - 8 of 8 Posts