Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

101 - 120 of 365 Posts

·
Play by the king and love is all I bring
1,740 Posts
I hate to sound cynical, but it's not related to the weather warming up ever since you bought the car is it?
Could be... have to see what Winter brings. But please, let's not think of that, let's enjoy the weather! 22 degrees here in Yorkshire today. :cool:

Reactions: StinkyPete

·
Co-author of CanZE. Q210 nov 2013
4,405 Posts
I hate to sound cynical, but it's not related to the weather warming up ever since you bought the car is it?
A driver here went from diddling around town (shopping, kids to school) to suddenly driving the ZOE hard, two full charges every day, one and sometimes two on the fast charger. It went up more than 5 percentage-points.

SOH discussion (see "MartijnEV")

So probably yes-no.

·
Registered
357 Posts
My range has gone back up to 100 miles (actual not the same old 70ish the GOM predicts) from around 70 in winter but my SOH still reports as 84% so I doubt this is the case. Pack is going to get a proper work out on the rapids tomorrow so we'll see what that yields.

·
1,740 Posts
Reactions: yoh-there

·
Registered
89 Posts
Im on 95% soc after 22 months and 12,500 miles :) used to charge mainly on 3.3kw however ive uograded to a 7.2kw post now

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #107
Possibly, but then not all owners have CanZE. Plus with the BMS fix your car is one of the older so likely to be affected, i bet with the fix in place you'll have sell into 90's SOH.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Possibly, but then not all owners have CanZE. Plus with the BMS fix your car is one of the older so likely to be affected, i bet with the fix in place you'll have sell into 90's SOH.
What does the BMS fix do? Does it just reset the parameters to use more of the available pack?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #109
Not entirely sure. From what I've read is the early cars are supposed to monitor the battery SOH and as it drops dynamically release some of the hidden capacity (the bit not used for protection), remember all the 1.3kwh discussion with early R 240 owners, well it seems I'd watched the video correctly.

However the BMW has a bug and it doesn't work properly. So the dealer has to collect s pile of data, send it to Renault and then after analysis they send back a fix or process to implement the fix.

Hey presto user with 19.5kwh and 88% SOH has 22.3kwh and 100% SOH again.

·
Registered
32 Posts
64 plate Zoe picked up today. 11400 miles but has probably spent the last few months sat around, and the SOH is 81%. Should I be concerned...?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
64 plate Zoe picked up today. 11400 miles but has probably spent the last few months sat around, and the SOH is 81%. Should I be concerned...?

No, sounds like you need the BMS update though.

Check if your car if range is low 60's to 70's and also takes some time to charge from 99% to 100% at home, if it takes an hour plus then you need to call your dealer and say your car is down on range, and slow in last 1% or charging and they'll book it in for a day. Quite involved job in that Dealer collects a ton of parameters and emails to Renault who then work on a fix (software) and send back to Dealer who then update car and then test. So expect car to be in at least a day. Got my car booked in the next couple of weeks so I'll report back on findings after it.

Those that have had a fix were 80s SOH with less than 25k miles on clock, returned with 100% SOH. My car is on 27k and 88% SOH but they agreed it sounds like I have the documented BMS fault. Free fix under warranty.

Reactions: 298

·
Registered
32 Posts

Check if your car if range is low 60's to 70's and also takes some time to charge from 99% to 100% at home, if it takes an hour plus then you need to call your dealer and say your car is down on range, and slow in last 1% or charging and they'll book it in for a day. Quite involved job in that Dealer collects a ton of parameters and emails to Renault who then work on a fix (software) and send back to Dealer who then update car and then test. So expect car to be in at least a day. Got my car booked in the next couple of weeks so I'll report back on findings after it.
Thanks for the reply, the Zoe has been on a Granny cable and is showing an hour left at 98%, with a range of 66 miles. We'll see how it goes over the next few days then charge to 100% and do the pedal reset, then will look into the BMS update.

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
Thanks for the reply, the Zoe has been on a Granny cable and is showing an hour left at 98%, with a range of 66 miles. We'll see how it goes over the next few days then charge to 100% and do the pedal reset, then will look into the BMS update.
Granny cable is slow. You not going to gain massive mileage in last 2%

·
Registered
189 Posts
Those that have had a fix were 80s SOH with less than 25k miles on clock, returned with 100% SOH. My car is on 27k and 88% SOH but they agreed it sounds like I have the documented BMS fault. Free fix under warranty.
I have a 2016 R240 and have 89% at 20k miles. Do you think mine could also use this fix?

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Not sure, I'm sure I read somewhere this was specifically to do with the Q model, but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
32 Posts

Check if your car if range is low 60's to 70's and also takes some time to charge from 99% to 100% at home, if it takes an hour plus then you need to call your dealer and say your car is down on range, and slow in last 1% or charging and they'll book it in for a day.
Charging to 100% and doing the pedal reset upped the predicted range to 79 miles, and resetting Trip A and adding the distance covered to the range as it is driven has increased this to over 90, which has restored some of my confidence in its range. The SOH is still 81% and we can't have our home charger fitted for another seven weeks, so we'll have to keep using it as is and then get it booked in later in the year.

·
1,740 Posts

·
Zoe Devotee
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #119
@298 your doing the pedal reset wrong, should still be north of 100miles even at 89% SOH.

That said the pedal reset is bunk, use CanZE. Book car in and tell dealer you've seen range tail off and that it's taking hours to charge from 99% to 100% (if that's the case) the BMS update may fix it for you.

·
Registered
919 Posts

Check if your car if range is low 60's to 70's and also takes some time to charge from 99% to 100% at home, if it takes an hour plus then you need to call your dealer and say your car is down on range, and slow in last 1% or charging and they'll book it in for a day.
Both of our cars do this and always have, 99%-100% takes forever and our estimates are around 60-70 (however I did just do 80 miles with 20 left; 4.6mpkWh so I don't think the range is down). Is there a way of finding out if you're affected by this issue (reliably) without having to count on the dealer knowing what they're doing? Having the cars in for a day if they don't need it is inconvenient :(

101 - 120 of 365 Posts