Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wondering if you could give your opinion please.
I bought a 2013 24kwh last week and the dealer provided a SOH report of 78%. The cars displays 10 bars.
When I checked it with Leafspy at the dealership it was around 76%.
Now just a week later the SOH reads around 72%.
Can you please take a look at the attached screenshot and tell me if you think this is normal fluctuation and the general state of the battery for the mileage?
Many thanks.
Text Blue Font Line Parallel

·
Registered
Nissan Leaf 24 Tekna '64 reg
1,557 Posts
That's low for a 2013...... my late 2014 car still has 87%, though dropped quickly from 94% over the last year of my ownership. Similarly, the high 94% reading was at dealership.

The thing with SoH reading is that it only gets updated as you use the battery. So the battery may have degraded while sitting at dealership. Do you happen to know how long the car had been sitting unused?

One thing to note is QC charge number looks high. But cells look well balanced.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's low for a 2013...... my late 2014 car still has 87%, though dropped quickly from 94% over the last year of my ownership. Similarly, the high 94% reading was at dealership.

The thing with SoH reading is that it only gets updated as you use the battery. So the battery may have degraded while sitting at dealership. Do you happen to know how long the car had been sitting unused?

One thing to note is QC charge number looks high. But cells look well balanced.
Thanks for your message.
Not really sure how long it had been sitting at the dealership. I have read that the SOH can fluctuate around 5-6% anyway so I'm not too worried. I did get the car for a good price and that's probably reflected in the SOH. I'm hoping to get a few good years of city driving out of her.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts