Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, my partner and I are attempting to buy our first EV and have come across a used 2017 Tekna with 6.6kw charger with 53k miles on the clock. LeafSpy report sent by dealer is attached. I’ve done a little reading but struggling to understand. The SOH shows as 78% which I understand to potentially not be great - looks like there’s been a lot of rapid charges. Car priced under £10k. Any advice on whether it’s worth it would be much appreciated. Many thanks

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
6,868 Posts
You clearly have done your homework.
The car is fully valued and the battery is clearly not good. Walk, or if you are not worried about looking cool, run away.
The car should still be under warranty and Nissan will probably rectify the worst of it after a load of hassle, but you can do so much better without the hassle.

You can read about a similar example in great detail and what to look for in the sobering experience of @Leafychris

Just purchased a Leaf - battery questionable?

·
Registered
152 Posts
Hello @dk6780 . I'm a Leaf 62 owner who doesn't have Leafspy. Can you explain why this battery isn't good please, for my own knowledge? I understand some aspects such as the SOH (79.63%) and the number of rapid and slow charges. But what else constitutes poor health from these readings? On the battery cells graph, none of the red bars are especially low, which is something I'm aware of can show individual weak cells and thus a problem. Any expert thoughts would be appreciated.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts