Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anybody know where I can purchase a type 1 solar edge charging lead that wont cost the earth, had the system fitted when I had solar installed but the not so nice salesman forgot to tell me that the lead was extra.

Dave

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
What's special about this? Isn't it just a standard Type-2 to Type-2 untethered cable? Link to web piccy/info if it's something exotic, or the page with specs etc on, plz!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
A photo of the socket on the charger and details of your car will help to identify what cable is required - as @HandyAndy says it may be you just need a standard type 2 cable.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Hmm, just googled this, and looks like they've made the cable detachable, but using a special plug at the EVSE end! So it's a kind-of tethered, but they've got you by the short & curlies.

Can't see an obvious way to get this cable at a decent price, unless you're prepared to get a sparky to remove the original plug at the EVSE end & replace with a waterproof standard type of thing & a regular cable. Which will doubtless void any warranty.

The actual cabling has to be standard at the car's end, so unless they've done anything very dodgy inside that special connector at EVSE end of the cable, it's a one-for-one rewiring job internally.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sorry not to be specific, however each cable comes with a bar code to activate the system, I was really wondering if anybody out there could help with the price about £400 is the best I can find at the moment.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Solaredge SE-EV-KIT-15J32 for a type 1 plug
I've just checked with our wholesaler - £400 is a good price, assuming it includes VAT. It's not much above cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts