Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a genuine BMW AC Rapid Charge Cable for sale.
The part number is 61902350237 and I believe it is the single phase Type 2 cable.
The cable connectors are a little bit scuffed (see photo) but it works fine. It comes boxed complete with the bag and gloves.
£80 inc P+P

BMW Type 2 Cable 01.jpg BMW Type 2 Cable 02.jpg BMW Type 2 Cable 03.jpg BMW Type 2 Cable 04.jpg

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
The 'rapid' cable is their 3-phase cable I believe, allowing you to charge at up to 11kW. The regular type 2 cable they sell doesn't mention the rapid term and that's the single phase one. So I think you actually have a better cable than you think you're selling.

Still, I really wish BMW wouldn't have used that word as I remember it originally caused so much confusion.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 'rapid' cable is their 3-phase cable I believe, allowing you to charge at up to 11kW. The regular type 2 cable they sell doesn't mention the rapid term and that's the single phase one. So I think you actually have a better cable than you think you're selling.

Still, I really wish BMW wouldn't have used that word as I remember it originally caused so much confusion.
From the part number, I believe it is only the single phase cable, but the wording on the box is a bit confusing.
It does charge the car at 7kW, but I have never tried it on anything faster.

·
Registered
2016 Nissan LEAF SL
1,084 Posts
From the part number, I believe it is only the single phase cable, but the wording on the box is a bit confusing.
It does charge the car at 7kW, but I have never tried it on anything faster.
I stand corrected. Sorry for adding confusion to your listing. Just looked in the parts store at work and checked the part number. The early 3 Phase cables were specifically listed as Rapid 3-Phase. And the newer sets of cables are public 1-Phase or public 3-Phase. In the old style of cable packaging, rapid apparrently just means faster than a granny cable.

The part number you gave is definitely a single phase, 32 Amp (7kW) cable, no matter what weird and wonderful misleading names BMW decided to give them at the time.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is a shame that everybody uses different terms for charging speeds. Part of the weird and wonderful EV experience.
Thanks for clarifying the speed of the cable.

·
Registered
33 Posts
if u are open to offers I will give you 75 pounds for the cable as I have bought a 2019 Bmw 330e and it has no public charging cable

1 - 8 of 8 Posts