Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, I am selling my Citroen C-Zero, as above. It has heated drivers seat and the Cd radio has Bluetooth connectivity plus USB and aux inputs. Otherwise totally standard and in very good overall condition.

It has the original 3 pin plug granny cable charger plus type 1 to type 2 cable that I bought and have only used once. To be sold with a new MoT.

The only negatives are that the front alloys are a tad scuffed on the edges and the front tyres are getting fairly near the end of their lifespan (rear tyres still have lots of tread).

All the bodywork is very good as is the underbody, see pictures here: C Zero 2012 replacement :- Leaf or newer triplet?

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
£?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Well that's a car I didn't expect to see again!

I recognise the license plate from Co-Wheels fleet. I've driven that one quite a lot over the years. Good to see that it's still doing well. Despite it being such a simple, short range car there was something very fun and enjoyable about driving them.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just realised the MoT is not far off, so I am happy to put a new one on it if someone is interested.

I agree they are simple and fun to drive, particularly in urban environments where they are nippy and manoeuvrable and easy to park. Also the DC rapid charging helps with the range, 0-80% only takes 25 minutes, though that only gets you another 55 miles range at 60mph.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is this a rare car? I'm just asking since the price is more than quite a few Leafs out there which provide more range and bigger size.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
Is this a rare car? I'm just asking since the price is more than quite a few Leafs out there which provide more range and bigger size.
Leafs at that price range may well have no more range: the size thing is marmite. For one or two folk, local shopping etc, small is definitely better.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are there comparable Leafs out there for less money? I searched on Autotrader for a Nissan Leaf 2016 or newer, under 15k miles, and the cheapest one was £8990. I could not find a 2016 Leaf for the same price on any mileage, the cheapest is one for £6995 on 68k miles (with no photo of the odometer which is somewhat suspicious). The cheapest Leaf any age under 15k miles is a 2014 Visia on 12k, but it is a battery lease one and the next cheapest is £7995.

·
Registered
Elmo Referral: AdamT50 (£50 off one month for both of us)
394 Posts
Are there comparable Leafs out there for less money? I searched on Autotrader for a Nissan Leaf 2016 or newer, under 15k miles, and the cheapest one was £8990. I could not find a 2016 Leaf for the same price on any mileage, the cheapest is one for £6995 on 68k miles (with no photo of the odometer which is somewhat suspicious). The cheapest Leaf any age under 15k miles is a 2014 Visia on 12k, but it is a battery lease one and the next cheapest is £7995.
Indeed the next cheapest/comparable C-Zero on Autotrader is about £2000 more for three years newer, so this is a steal in my eyes.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
What sort of range do you get in summer /winter?
On the flat in the cold at A road speeds using the heater the realistic range of an 2016 Ion with a good 14.5 kWh rated battery ( usable probably no more than 12) is about 40 miles. In summer with eco during maybe 65.

·
Registered
52 Posts
On the flat in the cold at A road speeds using the heater the realistic range of an 2016 Ion with a good 14.5 kWh rated battery ( usable probably no more than 12) is about 40 miles. In summer with eco during maybe 65.
Many thanks, I think that's just a bit too low for me at the moment. I kinda need a 'guaranteed' 40 mile range in winter

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I suppose using the cabin heater fully and driving continuously at 70mph in sub zero temperatures a 40 miles range may be the case. Average winter temperatures (5C) range for me has been more like 55 miles as said, driving at up to 60mph and using the heated seat plus a trickle of warm air to the windscreen to keep it clear. I have not tried it in sub zero conditions, I have only just moved to Scotland. The car is admittedly not very efficient above 60mph, so to travel long distance it is best to stay in lane 1 on dual carriageways, doing 60mph in average conditions gives around 65 miles from 100% battery charge but 70mph will knock that down to 50 or so. The quick DC rapid charge helps a bit, but I estimate it takes 50% longer to travel a couple of hundred miles or more compared to an ICE.

·
Registered
6,061 Posts
I suppose using the cabin heater fully and driving continuously at 70mph in sub zero temperatures a 40 miles range may be the case. Average winter temperatures (5C) range for me has been more like 55 miles as said, driving at up to 60mph and using the heated seat plus a trickle of warm air to the windscreen to keep it clear. I have not tried it in sub zero conditions, I have only just moved to Scotland. The car is admittedly not very efficient above 60mph, so to travel long distance it is best to stay in lane 1 on dual carriageways, doing 60mph in average conditions gives around 65 miles from 100% battery charge but 70mph will knock that down to 50 or so. The quick DC rapid charge helps a bit, but I estimate it takes 50% longer to travel a couple of hundred miles or more compared to an ICE.
Driving at 70 using heater continuously in sub zero temperatures would see a range more like 30 miles ( been there indeed).

·
Registered
52 Posts
I tend to be quite a sedate driver (although not when I got the chance to drive a 200bhp id3 recently 😬
Maybe it would suit me, I quite like basic little cars, I had 2x C1's before now

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Yep, great wee cars. Just as shame that the heater is near useless unless you only drive short distances, but then it's slow to warm up, plus it takes an age to rapid charge in colder temps. In the right conditions you can get a decent range out of it. After my third winter I'd had enough. The Leaf 24 may only be a year newer but was so worth the change, warmer with much more range. Not only do I have a clock, two!, now but also a dipping rear view mirror, lol.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts