Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Reluctant sale, car has been exceptional in the two and a half years I have owned it. Reason was we have two Golden Retrievers who are nearly full grown and I cant practically carry them in the Ampera to the woods etc.
So you might see it being flatbedded from Essex to Bournmouth late this afternoon.
I will still be on the forums as I am looking for a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV.
Thanks for all the help, advice and support I have been given on this forum over the years.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They seem to do mainly Teslas and this morning I noticed they had just put up another red 2013 Ampera at £16.5k. They implied that they may use mine as a company car, but I dont know for sure, they really like Amperas.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Withdrawal symptoms to follow.....
Already started @donald . Im wringing my hands with self doubt. I keep looking at the dogs and reminding myself about Vauxhall support or the lack of it. Then I think Outlander battery degradation. I may need councelling

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Already started @donald . Im wringing my hands with self doubt. I keep looking at the dogs and reminding myself about Vauxhall support or the lack of it. Then I think Outlander battery degradation. I may need councelling
I think you mean counselling, or at a push councilling, but I doubt your local Council will be of much assistance.

I am going to find it so difficult to sell mine, I think my daughter will be the beneficiary when my Model 3 arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think you mean counselling, or at a push councilling, but I doubt your local Council will be of much assistance.

I am going to find it so difficult to sell mine, I think my daughter will be the beneficiary when my Model 3 arrives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am very stressed right now and its affecting my spelling Im afraid.
Im just repeating a Mantra 'Vauxhall will kill my Ampera'
Doesnt help though.
The dogs are the reason but I have been having nagging doubts since GM sold Vauxhall, now I think GM have shut down VOLT production. I hope Im wrong in that though, would seem a very retrograde step. But I think GM killed off their first EV not sure of details though.....right now I can see on CTV an empty space on my drive, thats hard to take.
(Pause whilst checking spelling)
Phil

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about part-exchanging the dogs for chihuahuas?
I had a rescue Golden Retriever 10 years ago and he was such a wonderful dog I promised I would get a puppy when I retired to watch him grow and develop (I only had rescue dogs previously). This is one in the car aged about 4 months, now they are seven months and three times that size.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
She Ho Must Be Obeyed? :)

Also I thought it was a Opel Manta, not a Vauxhall Mantra...

(sorry ;))

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
I am very stressed right now and its affecting my spelling Im afraid.
Im just repeating a Mantra 'Vauxhall will kill my Ampera'
Doesnt help though.
The dogs are the reason but I have been having nagging doubts since GM sold Vauxhall, now I think GM have shut down VOLT production. I hope Im wrong in that though, would seem a very retrograde step. But I think GM killed off their first EV not sure of details though.....right now I can see on CTV an empty space on my drive, thats hard to take.
(Pause whilst checking spelling)
Phil
The good news, if there is any, from GM, is that the cars they are axeing including the Volt are partly to make way for more BEV models, so very different to the EV1 debacle.

TBH it does not matter to us here in reality as they abandoned this market lock stock and barrel anyway. I can’t help feel sad to see the end of such a good bit of tech design, as well, but when my Model 3 comes - I could care less, as the saying goes, whilst meaning I couldn’t.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts