Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nissan Leaf Gen1 Battery owned for sale. £2800 (on Gumtree for £3100 ono)
Incredibly reliable fully electric car with a few minor body marks.
Charge overnight using a normal 13A plug socket with the supplied adaptor cable.
Incredibly cheap, green car to run, Vehicle tax = £0.
This is my second Leaf (I wrote the first one off at 120k miles on the clock) and the only parts changed were tyres and wiper blades with the occasional top up of the washer bottle (no oil, filter or exhaust on 'leccy cars).

Now over 9 years old, the battery capacity has obviously degraded (by three bars). The driving range is now between 45 to 55 miles dependant on how heavy your right foot is. Ideal for the commute to work in town, school run and weekly shopping.

The visual faults are that there is a paint crack on rear valance below number plate and one alloy wheel coating blemishes (see pics). Otherwise all is as should be on a 9 year old car.

Purchased Jan 2019 with no service book but with Nissan assured paperwork dated 2014. Checked with Nissan service centre and services carried out 2012, 2013 & 2014. Self serviced and brake fluid changed straight after purchase (2019). Lots of wear still on brake pads & discs.

Selling due to purchase of a new EV and would prefer someone else to enjoy the fun of an EV cheaply rather than part ex-ing or We buy any car, hence short MOT until 21 Nov 2020

Includes;
ABS
Traction control
SatNav
Cruise control
Speed limiter
Electric hand brake
Powered door mirrors, etc...

Payment by bank transfer only.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Cells look pretty well balanced. I was thibking maybe you had 1 or 2 really weak ones that could have been swapped out for better ones to increase the battery capacity. Seems that the battery is pretty much worn as a whole unit. The current range is on my limit for distance, in winter i wouldnt get home. Thanks for the info anyway.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi -

Trying to send you a reply to our dm conversation but because I'm a new user it won't let me. Hopefully this message will unlock something on this board 🙂

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
How rapid has the battery deteriotion since you got it? If its 70% now, I wonder how much it will deteriote over the next few years.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went from 2 bars gone when bought to 3 bars gone just after we bought it. The next will go at around 95000 if it acts like my first Leaf. Didn’t really lose range still was at 50 miles.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts