Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We're looking to sell our Renault Kangoo ZE van, which we've owned for 6 years.

It's a 2013 Phase II model, the one with Type 2 charging under the Renault badge
It's the 40kWh 22kWh version with a 44kW motor.
It has 38,500 miles and we're the 2nd owner
It's on battery lease at £35 +VAT /month for 9,000 miles /year
It's MOT exempt and has never had an MOT in it's life - a year or so later the exemption was removed for new vans
We've had it serviced regularly by our local independent garage. It was last done in January.
It's the version with glass in the rear doors, and a cage bulkhead, meaning you can actually see behind you when reversing.
Fully boarded out with plywood, and a sliding door on the passenger side.
It's white
Real world range from 50 miles in winter to 65 in summer (You can get more if you go steady, but we like to get where we're going without wasting time)

This model doesn't come with rapid charging, only 3.6kW from Type 2
Slight damage to one back door where one of our lads reversed into something
The heater doesn't work and hasn't for the past 2 years. We don't mind, just keep your coat on. You get more range without a heater! The only issue is in mid winter, as you might have to defrost the windscreen manually first.

Parkers recons it's worth £4,500 to £5,900 which I think is unrealistic. I recon it's worth somewhere around £3k personally
It's located in Redcar (near Middlesbrough)
I'll post pictures over the weekend.
Anyone interested in making us a realistic offer?

·
Zoe Devotee
9,098 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,534 Posts
You mean 40kW motor right and 22 or 30kWh pack (or whatever the exact pack size is) right?
Yes that would be a 44kW (59hp) motor and a 22kWh battery. The 33kWh battery came out late 2017 and would have a bigger range than the OP indicated is the case for this vehicle.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Yes, quite embarrassing, it is the 22kWh model with a 44kW motor.
Rather ashamed to admit to getting the fundamentals mixed up!

Yes, it is MOT exempt. There's been extensive discussion on these pages relating to it, I'll link if I find the time to search them out.

MOT exemption list - Page 2 category J
Goods vehicle powered by electricity, and first registered before 1 March 2015

As I mentioned, the loophole was closed in 2015, a few years after we got the van.

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,534 Posts
Cleevely Electric Vehicles may be able to repair that heater for a reasonable price. Can you buy out the battery on vans as you can with ZOEs?

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, you can buy out the lease. We did enquire 3 years ago, but back then it was too expensive to be worthwhile. The vans are unique in having a low battery rental cost, and we calculated we'd need to keep the van something like 11 years before we'd break even if we bought the battery.

Naturally, it'll be cheaper to buy the battery now, but I haven't enquired recently.

I will post some pictures for you tomorrow @Kiltox

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi @Kiltox, I've washed the outside and added some photos. The inside needs a clean, which will be done over the next few days.
The van had 2 rear tyres fitted Nov 2020, and 2 front tyres fitted Feb 2020 - all 4 tyres are Michelin Cross Climate, and all have plenty of tread left on them.
Comes with 3-pin granny charging cable and Type 2 to Type 2 charging cable
I fully charged the van today, and it showed 46 miles when it was full.
I tried to take a video of how quiet the van is, but all I got was the creaking of my cheap plastic tripod holding the phone, so I don't know how useful it'll be, but I've included it all the same, just ignore the creaking.

Here's a link to the photos:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts