Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I checked on Carwow, ID.3 Life is offered from £27.2k new. What am I missing here, why is a second hand car worth more than new?

·
Premium Member
VW ID.3 1st Edition & Tesla M3 LR
6,886 Posts
I checked on Carwow, ID.3 Life is offered from £27.2k new. What am I missing here, why is a second hand car worth more than new?
This one has the heat pump, expensive Andoya alloys and the winter tyres and wheels as well?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Warning: your description and photos have been copied by a scammer:

£17,000
"For fast reply please email me! My email address: ****"**@ukbtmail.com

Standard Life model, with the following options: Metallic Stonewashed Blue paint, Heat Pump, Andoya Alloys with Goodyear EfficientGrip 215/50 R19 tyres. This ID.3 has been upgraded to the latest software level 0783, also known as ME2.0. There is another update due soon to raise to M2.1 which will add Over The Air updates. I have 2 EVS for sale, this and a Hyundai Ioniq. One of them has to go, I can't justify keeping both, despite both these being great cars! Blue, 1 owner"

I deleted the email address. I've reported it to eBay.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Thx, I'll check on Autotrader as well...
edit: Autotrader looks ok to me. I've also reported it to eBay, but there's nowhere I can actually put any info in! What I have managed to do is find a way to send a message to the police in Sutton-in-Ashfield as that's where the seller appears to be; looks like a car dealer with a lot of good feedback! Whether the police can do anything I don't know, but it looks like an attempt to steal money, so that has to be a crime, no?
This has happened to me. The scammers take over a legitimate eBay account or create a convincing looking one (potentially using the name of a real car dealer). They then copy photos and description of cars that buyers would quickly recognise as being a 'bargain'. There any many variants of the actual scam itself, but suffice it to say the scammers are likely on another continent and any apparent link to an actual UK dealership will be fake.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Options don't really add more value to a car once it hits the road, it just makes it more desirable. If a new one is available cheaper, I would go for that. The car looks overpriced. Good luck with the sale.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just noted this on eBay too and came to let you know the listing seemed to have been cloned in some way. Looks like I'm a touch slow though.

I've reported it anyway.

Hope you get it sorted.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Sadly nothing I can do about this! Car is now sold & gone, so this threads going to be deleted soon I expect!

@Admin please thread delete as car is now SOLD. Thanks!

·
Registered
ID3 1st & e-Golf
5,863 Posts
Sadly nothing I can do about this! Car is now sold & gone, so this threads going to be deleted soon I expect!

@Admin please thread delete as car is now SOLD. Thanks!
Glad you've managed to sell it, not that easy at the moment I imagine.
Did you sell it privately or did you have to go to a dealer to move it on?
Only asking as we are trying to sell an ice and not getting any interest at the moment.

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Privately on AT. Took out their "infinite life" ad for a few quid more, as wasn't sure how long it would be around!
I get the feeling that business is a bit slow; lots of views but not many inquiries. Am expecting an explosion of buying after lockdown ends; my son's been saving shedloads every month for last year as hasn't been able to go out and party wih his mates, do track-days melting tyres on his MX3, etc; he's now making noises about a 2nd hand Boxster!
And even my wife fancies a newer car - sadly will be another C1; tried to interest her in an e-Up/similar, but no dice!

Reactions: cah197
1 - 20 of 22 Posts