Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
evezy referral code d6540
3,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
7F4F8053-8F3F-43A7-8D82-B6E6CCAF95D4.jpeg ECE1B25A-E24A-4860-8803-27B0948A4218.jpeg

An eight stall SuC currently being constructed at Solstice Park Services. This will be very handy for trips to Somerset/Devon/Cornwall from the east.

·
Registered
481 Posts

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Looks like it’s across the road from Home Bargains.

Reactions: PaulD and E7EV

·
Registered
472 Posts
Other visitors have shared photos showing what looks like 4 x V3 charger cabinets which would imply there could be up to 16 charging stalls being installed at Amesbury. I'm wondering if the blocks behind the kerbing, arrowed below, are bases for more charger tombstones?

2020-08-24 113308 Amesbury In Progress.JPG

·
Registered
472 Posts
A couple of photos have just been shared on the owner's Facebook group confirming that a second row of eight stalls have been put in (so sixteen in total). Looks like ground works are pretty much complete (even the parking restriction signs have gone up). If the power supply is ready I'd imagine this could be live within a matter of days.

·
Registered
39 Posts
What do Tesla know that councils, polar etc dont know?

A common answer from other suppliers when asking about new chargers is: "we cant get planning permission", or "the supply is not enough", or "the cables have to be fitted (!)", or usually "we cant be bothered"

yet tesla put in 16!. and they will be maintained.

just makes me as angry as an angry thing.

·
Registered
472 Posts
What do Tesla know that councils, polar etc dont know?

A common answer from other suppliers when asking about new chargers is: "we cant get planning permission", or "the supply is not enough", or "the cables have to be fitted (!)", or usually "we cant be bothered"

yet tesla put in 16!. and they will be maintained.

just makes me as angry as an angry thing.
I'm not sure Tesla know any more than other prospective installers, they've had their fair share of delays/setbacks/failures at UK sites, in fact they've apparently been a bit naive in the past judging by the handful of sites they've built but haven't been able to complete/power up. But what they do seem to have is a determination to keep pushing to find suitable sites and get them built, and on top of that as you say they then keep them maintained. They really do understand that for long distance EV travel to be viable you need a comprehensive, reliable charging network.

Amesbury has been on their target list for several years if pins on their map are anything to go by so the new site could well be the outcome of years of work. But a really good outcome that plugs a gap with a really big charging hub.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts