Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Day 1 Lawrence brought the car home and we were alarmed at the reduction in range for the short journey home. The i3 was duly plugged in (3 pin 10a plug) and charged overnight. In case you’re wondering, we have a different charger on our house but the beauty of the BMW i3 is that you’re nearest filling station is never further away than your nearest electrical socket – ours was in our garage. It just takes a bit longer than a “proper” charger.

Day 2 Fully charged,we set off for Cockermouth – 28 miles from home and we planned to detour round one of our customers who we knew would love a look at the car."

http://www.solwayrenewables.com/bmw-i3-test-drive/

·
Registered
394 Posts
That was interesting to read. I liked the last paragraph.

Sounds like they think the motor is in the front with the battery in the boot so they're going to get a surprise if they look under the bonnet!

·
Registered
394 Posts
The instrument display is a lot smaller than I'd thought. The frame suggests it would be larger but this pic shows how small it really is, two thirds of the binnacle is just frame!
Yeah, it looks a bit naff, especially compared to the other screen but there are warning lights above and below the LCD strip (you can see the handbrake light in that pic) so it's not like the space isn't used. I'd read someone explain that this was due to legislative restrictions about how the warning lights function but I'm not sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts