Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Check out the link below - looks like Boris may announce £6k scrappage deal for anyone going from petrol/diesel to EV on 6th July. Will be annoying for me I think as I traded my car in in March and have been renting a petrol fiesta since then while I wait for the ID.3 - I bet that would mean I didn’t qualify... maybe time to buy an old banger for a few hundred quid!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Misleading title. They won't be £6k cheaper. They will be [£6K - whatever you paid for your car] cheaper. In my case that would be -£10K.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Check out the link below - looks like Boris may announce £6k scrappage deal for anyone going from petrol/diesel to EV on 6th July. Will be annoying for me I think as I traded my car in in March and have been renting a petrol fiesta since then while I wait for the ID.3 - I bet that would mean I didn’t qualify... maybe time to buy an old banger for a few hundred quid!

... Price of old bangers set to rise then!

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
Yeah, last time I think you had to be registered keeper 90 days before it was announced. Would replace PICG probably so actually £3K less if you can qualify.

Edit - was actually 12 months last time. Interesting article below.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,694 Posts
Yeah, last time I think you had to be registered keeper 90 days before it was announced. Would replace PICG probably so actually £3K less if you can qualify.
We’ve had a scrappage scheme before. I believe you could chose the PiCG or the scrappage scheme.

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
We’ve had a scrappage scheme before. I believe you could chose the PiCG or the scrappage scheme.
I believe the only government scrappage scheme was back in 2009 before PICG - as per article above.

You may be thinking of the scheme Renault offered where you could get a higher scrappage than finance contribution. A few manufacturers have done their own schemes over past few years.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
18,694 Posts
I believe the only government scrappage scheme was back in 2009 before PICG - as per article above.

You may be thinking of the scheme Renault offered where you could get a higher scrappage than finance contribution. A few manufacturers have done their own schemes over past few years.
I was. So was that funded out of the good of Renault’s heart? :)

·
Premium Member
11,610 Posts
I was. So was that funded out of the good of Renault’s heart? :)
Yeah, it was good for people who had cash - you got either scrappage or finance contribution. At that time you paid more for cash purchase than on PCP finance due to huge finance contribution! I took finance to get contribution and settled after 3 payments :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts