Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Renault Zoe Intens Q210 22kw 2013
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If its permissible by the admins of this group on here I would like to let others know what things I have enabled and disabled on my Renault Zoe ZE20 model:

Some things i have left after changing parameters , and some I have put back to how they were. I got my car second-hand in July 2020 and its a 2013 Renault Zoe ZE20 (22kw)

Lighting:
Can programme the front DRL lights to come on the same time as the headlights or extinguish when the headlights come on. Can also adjust the brightness of the front LED driving lights (by way of PWM) when the headlights are on (so say if you want the LED DRL lights to come on at 10% of their brightness when dipped beams are on)

I have configured remote lighting. So , with the ZE20 keycard now , when I press the button to open up the charging flap the dipped beam headlights will light for approximately 10 seconds (very handy if you are charging on a street charger where its dark and you want to see what you are doing - or in a dark car park and want to light up the headlights from a distance) only caveat is that because it shares the the same key on the keycard as the charging flap , you cannot select remote lighting without the flap opening , a bit annoying if you are not charging , but all you simply have to do is push the flap closed before you drive off - no biggie.

This Button on the keycard turns on Remote Lighting if you enable it in DDT4ALL:

Changed the sensitivity of the Auto headlights sensor on the windscreen so the headlights come on automatically earlier.

Turned off the 'extra flashes' for the indicators (you know when you flick the indicator stalk and it flashes 3 times instead of once)

Things what I would like to change , but the parameters are simply not there on my lighting ECU:
I'd like to have the rear LED tail lights (red ones) light up when front DRL LED lights are on
, not just have them on when headlights are on.

Welcome & Goodbye lighting. Again, no parameters in particular lighting ECU on my Zoe to select welcome and goodbye feature (where the headlights come on when you unlock and lock the car) some Dacia models have this feature and in some Clio mk4 and captur and megane models the settings are there for welcome and goodbye lighting feature but just not enabled.

Braking/ABS:
Can turn Traction Control (ASR/ESC - anti slip regulation) off
on the car. - Caveat is that when the ASR traction control is off you get the yellow spanner light, light up , and the traction control off message on the TFT dashboard - and seeing as there is no parameter in the cluster settings of DDT4all to turn off the ASR warning lights feature they cannot be extinguished whilst traction control is turned off.

Managed to disable hill start.

Door locking:
Can enable or Disable the 2 'bleeps' the car makes
when you walk away from car
There is a setting for Anti Hijack but I haven't tried it yet - I think if enable one press on the key-card just the drivers door opens , if press twice then all doors open. I think that's how it works if its enabled . I shall try enabling it one day.

Parameters I cannot find in DDT4all for door locks:
On my wife's Renault Clio mk4 car there are parameters so that RKE is always available and I would like that feature on my Zoe. RKE stands for Remote Key Entry. On the Renault Zoe and Clio and some other Renault cars with a keycard and handsfree motoring (remote key entry and no card needed into slot to start the engine) you can keep the keycard in your pocket and unlock the car as long as the key card is in the vicinity of the car doors , very handy, you dont have to take the card out of your pocket at all to gain entry to the car ........ however if you manually press the lock button on the keycard to lock the car then you sort of break the remote key entry feature until you put the keycard in the slot of the car and start the engine and then it resets the remote entry feature . On my wife's Renault Clio mk4 in the handsfree motoring section there is a parameter that can be changed where RKE is available at all times , even after you manually lock or unlock the car using the keycard. - however in my Zoe's car locking section of the ECU in DDT4all the entry is not there to change. which is a shame.

Speedo cluster and warning lights:
Clock & Outside Temperature can be added to the top of the display

- caveat is that sometimes when scrolling through the onboard computer details the clock and temp can crash into the other info , see picture LOL :D

Odometer and Speedometer can be changed from Km/h to Mph. On Zoe's that were produced in the UK and the speedo configured in miles and mph it is easy to swap from Mph to Km/h by using the steering wheel stalk switch and press the start button. On the Km/h models you can not switch to mph.

Language of the TFT speedo display can be changed - not sure you can any other way but you can with DTT4ALL

Things I would like to Disable on the speedo cluster:
If I were to temporarily turn off the ESC / Traction control I will get the yellow spanner warning light and the message "traction control off" - there does not seem to be a parameter in the DDT4all speedo cluster settings for the Zoe for disabling ESC warning lights - my wife has a Clio mk4 car and the ESC warning lights can be extinguished on her dash / cluster when ESC traction control is turned off.

Traction Control off Icon and Spanner light - when Traction Control (ASR/ESC) is turned off:

Radio / infotainment system:
Android Auto can be enabled using DDT4all
(I dont think Apple car play can) My zoe has a Rlink1 radio/nav unit . As standard (well in these early Zoe's at least) Android Auto and screen link mirroring are not enabled as standard but can be enabled with DDT4all and a specially wired/adapted OBD2 cable so it can read and write the CAN network of the radio system through the OBD2 socket of the car.
Android Auto works quite well when the rlink is modified to use Android Auto , but it is worth noting that you will have to have the data USB cable plugged into the USB socket of the r-link radio to use Android auto from the phone, so it wont work wirelessly by bluetooth . But when you do connect the phone by cable you will be able to use the apps that are designed to work with Android Auto including Spotify etc and of course google maps, and on that you can see google maps come up on your r-link large touchscreen and use it instead of the car's built in navigation system - very cool!

There are most probably other things I have found/adjusted with DDT4ALL on my Renault Zoe but thats about it for now , that springs to mind what I have adjusted and fiddled with since I have had my Zoe. If there is anything else that springs to mind or if i find anything else out I will updated this post accordingly.

feel free to ask me any questions if there is something you are intrigued about . If you are going to attempt to use DDT4ALL please be very careful! doing something wrong in DDT4all can break your car and/or corrupt the ECU's and getting them re-programmed or replaced will not be cheap! - might even have to have the car flat-bedded to the Renault garage as well if you cannot get your car to start after programming or get it charged! - you really need some technical knowledge as to what you are doing, if you cannot even change the time on your LED alarm clock messing around with DDT4all on your car is most probably not for you LOL - even sometimes if your in the middle of programming and the car switches off or you have a dodgy usb connection or Bluetooth connection or if your laptop runs out of power or shuts down through programming you could corrupt the ECU's in your car. So it can be a dangerous and frightening programme to use .. but on the other hand you can maybe enable something you might like which was not enabled when it left the garage - just have a plan B in place , just in case it breaks something on your Zoe - Use it at your own risk. No-one is standing there with a gun pointing to your head making you use DDT4ALL on your car LOL :D

If you found the DDT4all program useful, although its free to download from various places on the Internet, you could show your appreciation to the French developer of the DDT4ALL program Cedric Paille through paypal who has developed it that would be nice. - You can find him on GitHub here: Donate to Cedric the Developer of DDT4ALL

cedricp/ddt4all

Thank you for reading all of this, I get pleasure from sharing these tips with people and i hope it has been of interest or help to people who are interested in this kind of thing in general.
- Good luck,
Andy.

·
Registered
2011 Leaf with Muxsan 17.6kWh battery, curt tow hitch fitted for bikes or buzz rack P10
314 Posts
The biggest mod there appears to be the android auto one, Makes an old zoe much more appealing. Thanks for posting

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Changing the Country Config Zone Settings for heating with DDT4ALL:

I done a video today on how to change the country config heating zone with DDT4ALL - I figure (but no i dont know for certain it might be all in my head) that the heater feels more efficient / hotter / quicker at heating up inside the car adjusting from 'Zone1(mild)' to Zone3 (there are 4 settings in the dropdown list) - I also explain about the electrical PTC heaters that supplement the heatpump system of the Renault Zoe.

I will say now i am shocking at producing video's , I even hate listening to my own voice/accent when I listen to my voice back on the video so sorry about that , and i am not the best at explaining things, its just to give you an idea about the settings . anyway here goes:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Hi Andy glad I found this thread.
I am going to retro fit a camera to reversing system.
What computer is best and which dongle can you use I already have the one for canze.
When I start I will keep my eyes here as the other forums sometimes are blank. When you ask about a Zoe.
Thanks Simon

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Andy glad I found this thread.
I am going to retro fit a camera to reversing system.
What computer is best and which dongle can you use I already have the one for canze.
When I start I will keep my eyes here as the other forums sometimes are blank. When you ask about a Zoe.
Thanks Simon
Hello Simon sorry for not getting back sooner - the DDT4all producer Cedric says you need a dongle with a PIC18F25K80 chip in it . an awful lot of 'cheap' chinese OBD2 adaptors might not work with ddt4all.

Also if you need to change setting on the r-link radio (which you are most probably have to do to enable camera through the rlink screen) then you have tobe able to read the rlink through the OBD2 socket and to do this you have to modify (solder) some pins on the OBD2 dongle or get a specially wired odb2 cable.

HTH
Andy.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
NEW INTERFACES / NEW LOOK FOR THE R-LINK RADIO IN THE ZOE

Today I found , on the r-link radio infotainment system on the zoe, 2 different skins for the interface .

This one is a bit 'fisher price' toy'ish looking but apparently if you have one of those SMART cars made by Daimler it has the same r-link infotainment / satnav as the TomTom one in the Renault Zoe....

Then there is this other display that is 'neutral' (TomTom standard interface) a sort of plain Black background with white and coloured icons ... I have left mine like this now , i really like it - looks nice and clean the interface ...

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey friend
how to activate rear view camera by DDT4ALLL ?
where can i find that option to activat it in ddt4all ?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
hey friend
how to activate rear view camera by DDT4ALLL ?
where can i find that option to activat it in ddt4all ?
hello there sorry for the late reply I have only just seen your message.

If its a r-link 1system in your renault Zoe and you have the wire installed and the camera at the rear of the car you have to tell it by enabling in 'navigation' then 'mfd v1.8' then 'ecu configuration' then enable rear view camera - good luck

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,

I was wondering if you can help me enabling Android Auto on my 2018, ZE40. I've followed the instructions listed on this page, Enabling Android Auto on Rlink1 , to enable Android Auto but it still won't work.

My RLink 1 is running on 11.346.3206684, the most upto date version for my Zoe. I'm using a Konnwei 902 bluetooth dongle and a modified OBD2 extension cable. I run DDT4All and it allows me to go through every step of the process, I then click the final "Reset hard" after again click expert mode and the RLink doesn't reboot. I've even tried forcing a reboot on it by clicking the home button 5 times, but it just reboots and there's still no Smartphone mirroring listed under the second page of System Settings.

I've managed to get Windows to record a video of the DDT4All app as I use it to show what's happening and it's on YouTube here
. Any assistance you can give me would be appreciated.

Steve

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Try this. - scan for ECUs in your car first using the DDT4all magnifying glass. if your adaptor or wire is connected / wired correctly , as you scan for ECU's your radio should make a 'tink' noise then when 100 percent all ecu found then and only then manually select x10 setting MFD V5.4 ECU - make sure the Can Timeout is 600ms and that the boxes on the 'read' are not in red and 'no data' and then press home button 5 times to reboot rather than selecting 'hard reset'
Hope this helps:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Andy,
I want to set a neutral, smooth black background.
Where exactly do I find this opportunity?
I know DDT4ALL pretty much, I've already enabled Android Auto.
Thank you very much!
Roland

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Andy,
I want to set a neutral, smooth black background.
Where exactly do I find this opportunity?
I know DDT4ALL pretty much, I've already enabled Android Auto.
Thank you very much!
Roland
Hi there - if you choose MFD v5.4 then screen 14 then hmi type neutral HMI then write then press the home button to the right of the screen 5 times it should reboot and then be a basic colour scheme . Do it at your own risk though because there is always a risk that the radio can brick when using DDT4ALL and need reconfiguring. WHATEVER YOU DO NEVER PRESS THE 'RESET SOFT' OR 'RESET CONFIGURATION' YELLOW BUTTONS AT THE TOP THERE!!
Good Luck

1 - 14 of 14 Posts