Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks!

Soon I'm 'upgrading' from my ZE40 to a ZE50. I have searched the forum a few times, but haven't found the answers to these questions... would someone who has a ZE50, or who has tested/knows these things mind letting me know?

What's the quality of the paint like on the Diamond Black?!

Does the ZE50 audio still have the option to read media from a USB? I have a little USB thumb-drive choc-full of music for the car, so I hope it does!

Are the seats in the ZE50 GTLine the same as the ZE40 SignatureNav? I've heard conflicting things here... I hope that they are as I find them comfortable.

Cheers!

·
Registered
Renault Zoe ZE50 GT-Line Rapid Charge
2,360 Posts
  • Mine is white, so I can't comment on the black paint.
  • USB music is possible, there are 2 USB-A sockets below the climate controls.
  • Not tried the seats in the 40, but the 50 GT-Line seats are comfortable to me

·
Registered
203 Posts
Remember that the Signature was the ONLY Zoe model with lumbar support that makes long term comfort much easy to achieve. From what I've read so far and the videos I've watched this seems to be the same with the new Zoe. You need to go for a higher trim level to get the lumbar support.
I am sure some one will chime in to give you more details.

·
Premium Member
11,609 Posts
I upgraded from a ZE40 Signature to a ZE50 GT Line three weeks and 1100 miles ago. The seats are definitely a downgrade. No lumber adjustment and on a 3+ hour journey I definitely noticed they were not as comfy.

However, I am not too bothered as it will rarely be used for long journeys, we did one to see how it did and reduce mileage on Model 3. We may do a few more towards end of 2 year lease if have miles to use up. Other things I miss (so far) are keyfob buttons for preheat and charge flap open, two trip meters and CANze! I find the right side of driver display a real waste of space too - stupid leaf thing...

Don't get me wrong, it is a better car and the cheap lease offer during lockdown made sense for me. I certainly wouldn't have paid £26K of my own money for one though...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a shame about the seats... I just hope they're not uncomfortable. Not that I'm planning to tour the UK in it.

I knew about 'missing' charge-flap and preheat buttons... As long as the app behaves for instant preheating, I can live with the extra walk to the driver's side to hit the flap release.

I didn't know about the lack of the extra trip meter... I found having two useful, but I suppose I can live with just the one.

It's good to hear that, on balance, you're happy with the ZE50... I hope I will be too :cool:

·
Premium Member
11,609 Posts
That can be changed for other displays using the buttons on the right side of the steering wheel.
I have tried and only other option I found was distracting power meter. I would like trip data there... Even read manual - which didn't help!

That's a shame about the seats... I just hope they're not uncomfortable.
Comfort is very subjective. I wasn't uncomfortable after that long journey but the seats don't offer much sideways support and the mock leather is very obviously plastic. The Tesla mock leather seats are in a different league, but obviously a more expensive car.

Reactions: Dorset Steve

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new ZE50, trying to get music to play from my usb but it says USB format not recognised. Its mp3 music inside folders?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a new ZE50, trying to get music to play from my usb but it says USB format not recognised. Its mp3 music inside folders?
OK I reformatted the USB stick (has to be FAT32 or NTFS) so I can access music mp3 files now as well as photos (png file format) now working on movies/videos, it wont recognise mkv files, but the tech literature doesnt say what video format it can access. Anyone else out there get the multimedia successfully playing videos?

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
537 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on the ZE50, but my ZE40 plays .mp4 files well, though they do need resizing to be more compatible with the screen size first.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,310 Posts
Not sure if it's the same on the ZE50, but my ZE40 plays .mp4 files well, though they do need resizing to be more compatible with the screen size first.

I never managed to get decent sound sync with Rlink. It generally started well but if you tried to watch a film it would slowly drift out of sync. :cry:

·
Registered
Zoe ZE40 R90
537 Posts
Yeah, I don’t think R-Link has a lot of computing power, some vids struggle more than others. I use “Handbrake” on a PC to reduce the file format to something the R-Link can handle, but it was mostly an experiment, I don’t often sit in the car long enough to watch a film!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts