Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi someone can help to find this gps for find car becouse i live on italy and i don t think i can found it here

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
They're rubbish. I got a few for free as part of the kickstarter project when it started maybe 3 years ago, and they weren't worth the money.

They also wont help you find your car unless it happens to be within about 10 metres of another user of these at some point, and thats highly unlikely since after a few weeks of use they will realise how rubbish they are and throw them away.

I could give a list of the multiple issues with the devices but life is too short.
I'll help you save your money by not giving you a URL.

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
There is “Tile” and no doubt others but none of them are going to be any good for finding a car due to the way these devices work.
https://www.thetileapp.com

I haven’t used Tile by the way.

If tracking a car is what you want you should fit a purpose built gps tracker.

·
Registered
6,046 Posts
My son kept his old iphone when he upgraded. He keeps it in his car now on a PAYG sim as a backup, but as it has the 'Find My Phone' feature activated he can also find where his car is at any time by logging into the app on his main phone. The 'phone in the glovebox will be located by the icloud system and displayed to him. Perhaps a cheap second hand 'phone would solve your problem that way as well.

This will only work for a 'mislaid' car though, like the girl in the video, and not a stolen one as the 'phone can easily be removed from the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts