Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's an odd one...

Just been putting the dustbin out, and noticed some bits of eggshell stuck to it. Behind it, the wall of the house has obviously been 'egged'. It looks like they were aiming for my podpoint charger and missed. (My electric car is garaged elsewhere at the moment.)

Are electric cars this hated? Anyone else get this nonsense?

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,978 Posts
I'm due a charger install soon, and spent today shopping for CCTV cameras for just such an occasion.
Beware the law surrounding the coverage of your cameras - broadly it can only be your property and not covering public areas such as the street. This might mean that you have excellent coverage of the eggs hitting your charger but not who threw them.
I suspect that the Police have other priorities sadly.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Whoever did it obviously has scrambled brains.

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
Beware the law surrounding the coverage of your cameras - broadly it can only be your property and not covering public areas such as the street...
I don't think that is the case - at least it wasn't when I looked into it.

Provided your intent is to cover your property, it is perfectly allowable to include other properties and public areas. What is not allowable is to set up cameras deliberately targeted at your neighbours.

What was unclear was whether you needed to show notices that the area was covered by CCTV, but I figured that they would be a good idea anyhow.

·
Registered
5,150 Posts
Beware the law surrounding the coverage of your cameras - broadly it can only be your property and not covering public areas such as the street.
I'm not aware that the owner of the camera that caught the woman dumping a cat in a wheelie bin was prosecuted. That had a good view along the pavement IIRC.

·
Registered
233 Posts
I had mine put on the side wall as less visible. Obviously some people don’t have that option. I would doubt it’s to do with the EV and more about looks like a fun target.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It is a thing. I had someone throw bbq sauce in a tub from a takeaway at mine. Takes some scrubbing. Missed the car.

Reactions: Tandy0

·
Registered
Nissan LEAF30
5,978 Posts
If you are willing to become a data controller then you can within certain limits - check out the ICO guidance.
Note it is not the crim whose rights are being infringed, it's everyone else. I for one would be glad if no action was taken against the owner of the cameras concerned that caught the animal abuser.

·
Registered
338 Posts
And anyway 7kW should give a sufficiently large jolt. CLEAR!!!

1 - 20 of 41 Posts