Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to get a picture of hopefully the right screen from a dealer demo car (70 plate).
If yours differs, let us know :)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

I guess his navigation database would be different to ours in the UK

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
81 Posts
Apparently the navigation database will update over the air. I have the same software as above, apart from navigation which is 19.8.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think everyone is currently on 0564 version of the software. BatteryLife asked and his subscribers who commented were anyways (as well as people on here).
There were rumours of an intermediate update before the big one planned in January, but that seems to have gone quiet.
I also wouldn’t be surprised if January slips tbh

·
Registered
VW ID.3 1st Edition
81 Posts
There is now an update available to fix key problems. According to one screenshot I saw on the First Movers Club on Facebook it is version 0570.

From facebook:
A first software patch to improve on frequently reported issues (airbag lamp on, problems with rearview camera, black screen, loss of auto-hold, function of sun-screen) will be available starting this week.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

My car's just had it's firmware updated to solve some of the problems that I was having with bugs particularly with the cruise control where it was doing random things. It has taken the dealership nearly 3 weeks to get the update from VW UK and install it. I was told that they had to refer to Germany to sort out how to do the update. I've only been for a short drive and so far it has worked correctly. I've not had a play to see if they have corrected any of the other bugs. It doesn't seem to have added any extra features.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
On Facebook, somebody commented that you actually need to ask for a patch rather than an update. Can anyone tell me what the latest patch number is, and issues that the addresses please? My new ID.3 Life is going through PDI in the next few days so I might ask them to apply the patch if possible.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On Facebook, somebody commented that you actually need to ask for a patch rather than an update. Can anyone tell me what the latest patch number is, and issues that the addresses please? My new ID.3 Life is going through PDI in the next few days so I might ask them to apply the patch if possible.
You would think they would apply the "latest" patch/update as a matter of course before any delivery, now that it is available. Why wait for the customer to ask for it?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You would think they would apply the "latest" patch/update as a matter of course before any delivery, now that it is available. Why wait for the customer to ask for it?
Judging by the amount of days that it took to get the update done on my car, it sounds like the update isn't straight forward. They told me that it takes them 7 hours to install. It updates several systems and they struggled to get one of the updates to go ahead correctly.

I also wonder if as it's an interim release it's still in Beta testing. I haven't noticed any additional bugs in it yet and so far some I've not seen the screen crash, SOS warning error or air bag error messages that I was getting before.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I should have added that my cruise control was randomly changing the speed setting even when there were no speed change signs in view, and turning itself on by itself before the update. It's been ok so far although with the new lock-down I haven't driven any great distance since the update.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,553 Posts
This information came via Facebook, so should be treated with caution. Allegedly the final software is now available and will be applied to new cars built from week 49 onwards. The bad news is that the software can take up to 8 hours to install in a car, so VW will take some time to install it on current vehicles.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts