Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
You think? Its a bit of a joke at the moment isn't it. None (for general public use) in Taunton - for goodness sake, its the county town. One in Yeovil at the hospital. And not surprisingly given the lack of points in the bigger towns, there's none locally in Crewkerne or Ilminster. Chard has just got some courtesy of the new Lidl - don't know what their policies are like. The various statements for the News sounds like they've been put on the spot and are claiming new stuff whereas in fact it sounds more like various ways of doing nothing except talk about it. As all the districts are virtually, if not actually, bankrupt its not surprising they have limited spending plans but its certainly isn't going to attract EV users to the area. Having a full charge from home means we don't actually need or want to charge locally and just out of Somerset places Exeter, Bristol, etc are much better catered for. So not really an issue for Somerset residents with home charging but we're clearly not playing our part in the general UK wide infrastructure for EVs

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
The hotel is to provide a WC and coffees service to rapid charger users, the rapid chargers are not for people sleeping at the hotel.

·
Registered
596 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It does depend on where the supermarket is situated! If it on the outskirts of the town where do you go then? The length of time I take to do my shopping wouldn't put much charge into the car @7kw.

·
Registered
118 Posts
The hotel is to provide a WC and coffees service to rapid charger users, the rapid chargers are not for people sleeping at the hotel.
Which hotel? If you mean the Castle, then I hope they've significantly improved the signage since I was last there for a meal. Your approach is via a pedestrianised zone with No Vehicles signs very prominent and a noted "and Access" postscript very easy to miss. You then need to enter the hotel carpark via a barrier with more "f off" style notices all over the place and know that you will only get out again if you can persuade the Hotel's reception staff to give you a token. I'd say you'd have to be a pretty assertive type to take all that on as a first time visitor to the town. This is the approach

It does depend on where the supermarket is situated! If it on the outskirts of the town where do you go then? The length of time I take to do my shopping wouldn't put much charge into the car @7kw.
I had missed these...useful addition. Its neither central nor outskirts really - probably a 15min walk from the main shopping parts of town.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts