Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been in some very powerful cars including 911 turbo, and Ferrari 360 etc, and I've owned Ariel Atom 245 which in itself no slouch either, but I can't imagine any car right now that will give me that instant acceleration I've experienced in the Tesla!

I would love to hear from Tesla owners stories of showing a clean pair of heels to some ICE performance cars. :D

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
I know the drag race stuff on you tube is fun and all, but in the real world you easily catch out much faster cars with the instant delivery.

I've surprised a couple of AMGs and even a 911. You can hear them rev up sharply, after you glide past them in silence ;)

Tbh it's a cruiser not a racer though, too heavy, and under tyred on 19s to really worry either on a twisty roads.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
Yup, IMO MS without the + is straight-line performance only.

Oddly, I find my driving style has become much more relaxed with the S, maybe because I just cannot be arsed with anything less than another group 50 car... lol, kidding. It is not worth the cost in tyres and range, or the associated risks of driving like that. Frankly it would take something like a GTR or an Atom to pass the S before reaching the NSL, so why bother?

·
Registered
7,609 Posts
Yup, IMO MS without the + is straight-line performance only.

Oddly, I find my driving style has become much more relaxed with the S, maybe because I just cannot be arsed with anything less than another group 50 car... lol, kidding. It is not worth the cost in tyres and range, or the associated risks of driving like that. Frankly it would take something like a GTR or an Atom to pass the S before reaching the NSL, so why bother?
100% Agree!

My driving style has become much more relaxed. At least in part due to regen. I find myself trying to avoid braking as much as possible. Ultimately driving up to the car in front, then braking doesn't actually get you there any quicker, and the green bar just makes you aware how wasteful it is.

One thing the S doesn't do that the Atom would, is reward smooth cornering and apex hugging, even at below the NSL.

P.S. Very jealous of the Atom, I have wanted one for ages, but keep chickening out and going for something with a roof. Saw one on the Stelvio this, year, did wonder if he trailered it there or drove.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts