Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’ve given my Leaf back after a 2 year lease, and am going to buy a 2016 Zoe outright from a local (ish) dealer. It’s a black Dynamique Nav 22kw. I was under the impression that this was capable of charging up to 43kw, but apparently not, according to the dealer.
Which model/year/variant do I need to look for to ensure the one I’m buying is capable of charging at 43kw? If it’s only models from 2017 of later, they’ll be too expensive, so I’ll stick with the 22kw capability, but can anyone advise please, as a few of the dealers I’ve spoken to weren’t that helpful/technically minded!

·
Registered
2017 Renault Zoe (ZE40) Q90
1,432 Posts
The only way I know of, to tell the difference without the physical 22kW\43kW charging time\rate is under the bonnet.
If designated with a Q then it has the 43kW rapid charge feature and R it has the 22kW maximum charge.

Below. Q210 is the early Zoe that charges at a maximum of 43kW (Q for Quick and claimed 210km range)
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Renault mégane Automotive exterior

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I picked up my 66 Zoe yesterday and all fine on the 60 mile return trip. The sales assistant, as nice as he was, admitted it was his first Zoe sale, and didn’t seem to know too much about Zoe’s. I managed to charge it to 100% last night with my home Pod Point charger, I had to check on a few occasions by going to look at the actual dashboard to see if it was charging, which it was. I understand that there is an app My Z.E. to check the charging state remotely, which I’ve downloaded onto my phone, but whilst entering my details it is asking for an authorisation code, where do I get this from? Also on this site and various others, including insurance sites, I am being asked for the exact model, it’s a 66 reg and I know it has a 22kw battery, how do I tell exactly which model I’ve got, an R240, R90.....Does driving in E mode provide a better range?
Thanks in advance.
Simon.

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
If the dealer did not have the activation code you can call ZE services 0344 335 0000
Model info can be found on the door pillar label

If its a Q model it has the large alloy looking block centre rear of the engine bay like the image 3 posts above if its a R model it has a large plastic pipe in the same location.

Most don't use Eco as it diminishes heating/cooling and you cannot go above 60mph and saves very little.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for that, I’ll ring them tomorrow.
Looked on the door pillar and it only has Zoe Dynamique, not which R number it is, and the VIN number as pic:-
Tire Automotive wheel system Vehicle door Automotive tire Auto part

If the dealer did not have the activation code you can call ZE services 0344 335 0000
Model info can be found on the door pillar label

If its a Q model it has the large alloy looking block centre rear of the engine bay like the image 3 posts above if its a R model it has a large plastic pipe in the same location.

Most don't use Eco as it diminishes heating/cooling and you cannot go above 60mph and saves very little.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,642 Posts
That’s a ‘R’ I’m afraid.

Still a good car, as the benefit of the Q is fairly small.

·
Registered
Renault Zoe 50
22,642 Posts
Well, the first R90s we’re registered in late Dec 2016. So yours is earlier, and a 22 kWh car?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks.
When I went to collect it, I didn’t notice the blue coating coming off the Renault front and back badges:-
Glass Automotive design Vehicle Daylighting Architecture

Reflection Water Vehicle door Automotive exterior Auto part

I’ve emailed the dealer, but haven’t heard back yet. Is it normal wear and tear? My wife said she is happy to pick off all the blue coating, but I said we’ll see what the dealer says.

So an R240 then. I think they stopped doing black paint for the R90s for some reason, which is the other way to tell.

Apparently the first batch of R90s were all dealer demos and in Titanium Grey.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
God this looks like my old car in regards to the badges. I didn't get mine replaced as I gave the car back.

HTD ?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Hello Simon. My R240 was registered day before yours. I bought it at ten months old from Renault Trowbridge, ex demo. Car's been brilliant. Never touched the eco button. Quite like the blue badge but mine suffering a bit now. Hope you enjoy car, great way to get about. Chris.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts