Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone.
I am soon (September) to be a new owner of an ID.4 life pure model.

this is my first EV and I’m really excited to be using one.
I have a few questions that I can’t quite find the answers to though for sure, if anyone can answer them that would be much appreciated.

the driver profile modes - exactly what does the life come with as standard? I drove a first edition and that had the eco, comfort, sport and individual
But have been told the life doesn’t have the sport mode (shame as it was rather fun!)

also roof bars… we currently use Thule roof bars for our bikes. I’d rather use Thule again, but don’t think our current ones will work with the ID4, (we have a jeep wt the moment with gaps in the roof rails and the bars go around the rails) which Thule roof bars do people recommend?

is there a manual for the infotainment system that we can read now so that we have a chance of understanding how to do everything before we get the car?

thank you all in advance

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi everyone.
I am soon (September) to be a new owner of an ID.4 life pure model.

this is my first EV and I’m really excited to be using one.
I have a few questions that I can’t quite find the answers to though for sure, if anyone can answer them that would be much appreciated.

the driver profile modes - exactly what does the life come with as standard? I drove a first edition and that had the eco, comfort, sport and individual
But have been told the life doesn’t have the sport mode (shame as it was rather fun!)

also roof bars… we currently use Thule roof bars for our bikes. I’d rather use Thule again, but don’t think our current ones will work with the ID4, (we have a jeep wt the moment with gaps in the roof rails and the bars go around the rails) which Thule roof bars do people recommend?

is there a manual for the infotainment system that we can read now so that we have a chance of understanding how to do everything before we get the car?

thank you all in advance
Hi, I've ordered the same model too, have you got a build date already?

I've found this link to download the Manual for the 1st Edition, I guess there might be a few features that don't apply to the Life model but most features will.

https://www.vwidtalk.com/attachments/owners-manual-id-4-10_2020-pdf.1892/

In terms of spec, you could download the pdf price list from VW UK site, or ask your dealer to confirm the spec. My dealer emailed a personal brochure.

The only thing which I need to get clarification is the illuminated door handle. According to the online standard spec, it's quoting it does have it. But in the downloaded pdf price list, it mentions the Assistance Pack is standard for Life, Style and Family trim. In the family trim page, the pack includes reversing camera, keyless entry and illuminated door handle recess. But in the Life page, the Assistance pack only quotes Reversing camera and keyless entry. I'm not sure if this is an error.

·
Registered
Volkswagen ID.3 Life
2,776 Posts
My ID.3 Life Pro (204PS) has sport mode, and I can't see why a 148PS ID.4 wouldn't have it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both.
I agree the spec online has discrepancies to what I was given.
I haven’t got an order code yet - or link to anything. The dealership did check yesterday and it’s due to be built the last week of this month.
Originally I ordered the city model but then changed.
I know that the life as standard does come with a rear camera but the assistance plus pack has a 360 camera - or so I was told.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thank you both.
I haven’t got an order code yet - or link to anything. The dealership did check yesterday and it’s due to be built the last week of this month.
I know that the life as standard does come with a rear camera but the assistance plus pack has a 360 camera - or so I was told.
When did you order your car? I ordered my car only 2 weeks ago. I have been given the order number so I can track the build online. But I heard the tracker isn't all that reliable. My order is still at factory stage waiting for build date.

Here's a link to the latest price list which details the spec, the life spec might be different if you ordered a couple of months ago. I ordered from the June price this, the latest is July. Not much has changed except the life trim now have more option packs to choose when specing ordering.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
Thank you both.
I also ordered the City spec and saw it'd been changed. The dealership had no idea and said they haven't been told anything regarding the ID.4. The biggest change I can see is online it now says we get the reversing camera which wasn't on the City but again, they don't know if it's actually going to have it or not.

Got given a week 26 date for build by the dealership but that didn't happen. Fingers crossed for soon.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I also ordered the City spec and saw it'd been changed. The dealership had no idea and said they haven't been told anything regarding the ID.4. The biggest change I can see is online it now says we get the reversing camera which wasn't on the City but again, they don't know if it's actually going to have it or not.

Got given a week 26 date for build by the dealership but that didn't happen. Fingers crossed for soon.
I read some articles from different motoring sites back in May where VW were to introduce 2 new trim levels, these being City and Style.

When I ordered my car a couple of weeks ago, I could only find online Life, Style, Family and Max trim. I think VW abandoned the City level trim. The City pricing from the articles I read had the same starting price as the Life model now at £34,650 befor the government grant. The life model have a lot more standard be spec compared to the City trim. Maybe your City car order has been changed to the Life, because I know the city model didn't include reversing camera but the Life trim does amongst other addition options.

Your car might have been built already, if you are using the only tracker you might find it not reliable. A few years ago, my car skipped a few steps and suddenly it was in the UK.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
I read some articles from different motoring sites back in May where VW were to introduce 2 new trim levels, these being City and Style.

When I ordered my car a couple of weeks ago, I could only find online Life, Style, Family and Max trim. I think VW abandoned the City level trim. The City pricing from the articles I read had the same starting price as the Life model now at £34,650 befor the government grant. The life model have a lot more standard be spec compared to the City trim. Maybe your City car order has been changed to the Life, because I know the city model didn't include reversing camera but the Life trim does amongst other addition options.

Your car might have been built already, if you are using the only tracker you might find it not reliable. A few years ago, my car skipped a few steps and suddenly it was in the UK.
Yeah that appears to be what happened so it worked out really well for us.
I used the trick to delete the car from the tracker and it's skilled to being built so thats made my week. Not sure how long it takes from here but hopefully not too long as using an Aygo and it's hard going.

·
Registered
35 Posts
This one off a post on here about the correct Thule feet to buy, I’ve got them myself now but not fitted yet

·
Registered
35 Posts
Found original post:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yeah that appears to be what happened so it worked out really well for us.
I used the trick to delete the car from the tracker and it's skilled to being built so thats made my week. Not sure how long it takes from here but hopefully not too long as using an Aygo and it's hard going.
When did you place your order for the car?

I placed mine only 2 weeks ago, I'm estimating a build week to be allocated at the end of this month with the car being built in the last week or so of August.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
When did you place your order for the car?

I placed mine only 2 weeks ago, I'm estimating a build week to be allocated at the end of this month with the car being built in the last week or so of August.
I placed my order on the 16th of May for the "City" spec and they originally told me September. Not sure whether the change from City to Life meant it was delayed while they made those backend changes but hopefully it's still going to beat the original timeframe by a good month.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I placed my order on the 16th of May for the "City" spec and they originally told me September. Not sure whether the change from City to Life meant it was delayed while they made those backend changes but hopefully it's still going to beat the original timeframe by a good month.
Thanks for the details. I hope yours arrives in August 🤞

I am about a month behind you, so I guess I'm a looking at a September delivery 🤞. But I guess it depends on the number of orders have been placed and availability of the parts etc. So my dates might change still.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi all, thank you for the comments.
Mine was ordered as the city in may but amended it to the life beginning of June.
been told that the car is due to be built the end of this month but I don’t have a confirmation or order number. I only have the configuration code.
I did ask today if I could add the sport mode on but was told that nothing can be amended once the order is at the factory. I guess it’s all moving in the right direction.

i have heard the online tracker is hopeless but I can’t even get to that point without the actual order number.
first ever brand new car and I don’t fully rate the process so far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi all, thank you for the comments.
Mine was ordered as the city in may but amended it to the life beginning of June.
been told that the car is due to be built the end of this month but I don’t have a confirmation or order number. I only have the configuration code.
I did ask today if I could add the sport mode on but was told that nothing can be amended once the order is at the factory. I guess it’s all moving in the right direction.

i have heard the online tracker is hopeless but I can’t even get to that point without the actual order number.
first ever brand new car and I don’t fully rate the process so far.
The dealer from where you purchased the car should have the order number. Normally the code should be available a couple of days from the day you put your deposit down.

I asked them to email me a copy of the order which has the code and confirmation of the car details and option codes for your car.

Yes, once you have been allocated a build slot, then you are not able to make any changes.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
The tracker seems to finally be working without having to delete and add again for me now. Text this morning to state the car has left the factory and is in transit.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it from Germany at this point.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The tracker seems to finally be working without having to delete and add again for me now. Text this morning to state the car has left the factory and is in transit.

Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get it from Germany at this point.
The last car I purchased from VW in 2017, the transit from Wolfsburg to the UK was two weeks to the dealer. I was advised it's about 2 to 3 weeks from factory to the UK dealer, not sure if that includes PDI by the dealer.

·
Registered
ID.4 Life Pure
55 Posts
The last car I purchased from VW in 2017, the transit from Wolfsburg to the UK was two weeks to the dealer. I was advised it's about 2 to 3 weeks from factory to the UK dealer, not sure if that includes PDI by the dealer.
2-3 weeks?! Do they push them here?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Update, I now have the order number and can see from the website that it’s currently being built. I’m so excited!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Update, I now have the order number and can see from the website that it’s currently being built. I’m so excited!
👍
Which model did you order and when if you don't mind me asking?
I ordered the Life 52kwh on the 22nd June, it's currently planned for build at the end of August. Not sure if it will get pushed back still.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts