Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got home after a short drive, Soul (2020) was a bit under 50% from a quick glance.
Parked up.
Happened to look out of house at car a couple of hours later and the far most blue charging light only was flashing. The car wasn't plugged in.
UVO said 0% charged. WTF?
Remote opened the car, I started it, 46% charged showing as expected. Battery voltage gizmo plugged into lighter socket says 14.7.
There had just been an absolutely torrential biblical style deluge rainfall for 10 minutes.

Any ideas?

12v battery getting dodgy?

I drove about 150 miles yesterday.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,110 Posts
There are three lights on top of the dash. Which one was lit and was it blinking?

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Far RH one, OFF OFF Blinking. Ok, so that just meant it was charging the 12v? (cant see the a/c being on)

Never noticed that before.
UVO showing zero disconcerting.Went away once id opened the door started and then switched off again.

Anyway thanks. Will charge overnight tonight.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
389 Posts
The UVO app often gets the facts about charge wrong. I get it showing 0% and that the car charging when it isn't quite often. A couple of refreshes usually gets the correct information.

The app shows the condition of the 12v battery on the status page.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,110 Posts
I do get the occasional "fantasy" reading from the UVO app, but generally a single refresh sorts everything out.

·
Registered
366 Posts
You know, besides fantasy readings, the UVO app opens to the LAST time it read data, you should force an update/refresh to be sure.

Greg

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020
2,110 Posts
Guess what: this evening went out to get in the car for a short drive. The third dashboard lamp was blinking. As the AC wasn't set up or working, I can only presume that it was charging the 12v Auxiliary battery. Having read this thread earlier, I also checked my UVO app immediately and exactly as you said, the traction battery was showing 0%. :)

As I needed to go, I did not wait to see how long it would take.

Edit: checked my house cam, the light came on only about 7 min before I interrupted :unsure:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts