Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking into renewing my multi-car insurance for early next month. AVIVA website does not recognise SOUL 2020 as a vehicle, even with my registration number! I got bored with trying to get a quote when it stated "quote declined" too many times and eventually I spoke to a person on the phone. After nearly 30 minutes on the phone (in which he could not get a quote either) I was offered a quote with a £500 premium excess for the SOUL...I shall not be using them!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Indeed. Got a quote for a Model 3 at a rather ridiculous £1600 and as an existing customer. Churchill quoted £550.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
365 Posts
Quotemehappy, who are owned by Aviva refused to cover my 2020 Soul. They said they didn't have 'the underwriting specifications for this vehicle'. :mad:

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
31 Posts
Same here with Aviva, back in March. I went to switch vehicles, as an existing customer, and they were unable to insure me on the Soul so I ended up switching to Churchill. I'm amazed that Aviva still haven't got their act together by now though, 5 months later :rolleyes:.

·
Registered
2020 Kia Soul EV
365 Posts
Same here with Aviva, back in March. I went to switch vehicles, as an existing customer, and they were unable to insure me on the Soul so I ended up switching to Churchill. I'm amazed that Aviva still haven't got their act together by now though, 5 months later :rolleyes:.
The really annoying thing is that they want to charge me £50 to cancel the policy :mad:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I am about to get my Soul EV2020 having been very disappointed with my Leaf 40Kwh and I am currently with LV. They offered fully comp for £380 which seems reasonable to me (inc. NCB protection and flat battery recovery free)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am about to get my Soul EV2020 having been very disappointed with my Leaf 40Kwh and I am currently with LV. They offered fully comp for £380 which seems reasonable to me (inc. NCB protection and flat battery recovery free)
Interestingly, that is the route I took - 2 years in a LEAF 40, then the SOUL.

Earlier this month my renewal came up with Admiral and the premium for the SOUL is about the same as it was for the LEAF.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts