Speak EV - Electric Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I’m currently debating the gen2 Soul now that all the dealer demonstrator cars are hitting the market.

Is there any advice on things to pay attention to, being only a year old I can’t imagine much could go wrong?

How are you finding living with yours, any regrets or happy you choose it or is there something else you would recommend now?

Thanks

·
Registered
Ioniq 5 Ultimate
2,622 Posts
Utterly faultless since june as were my 2 previous Soul Evs and in a world of boring cars looks different. Very well made and despite its shape great range. Dealers are probably the main problem, they are either good or absolutely terrible, so choose wisely.

·
Zoe Devotee
9,284 Posts
Reactions: GOSPORT DAVE

·
Registered
Soul EV 2020
94 Posts
8 months in still very happy. Average to date 4.3 m/kwh - and clearly improving as the weather warms. Especially like getting into a warm car/clear screen on frosty mornings and the HUD on motorways. Usually use seat heaters rather than cabin heating when on the road. High red roof/white body relatively distinctive in car parks. UVO messaging to say you haven't locked the car is theoretically good - but sometimes the notification can be an hour later. There's also a minor gotcha in that you can't unlock the car via the app unless you used the app to lock it. Discovered this when the good lady was meeting me at the car and I tried to unlock it remotely :(

I don't have home charging so only use public charging - currently trying the Kiacharge app. The invoice is billed monthly in arrears - definitely better than maintaining credit on each of pulse, pod etc apps and. Interestingly? found that a specific BP Pulse chargepoint didn't appear on the app map but the rfid card worked after which the point appeared on the map - so it now covers all my local charge points.

Have not yet got the latest 'purple' screen - I prefer the triple split home screen - I usually run with that screen just showing a clock (configured on the custom button) but the triple screen is useful at startup - so will be sorry to see it go.

The voice control to set a route has surprised me at how good it is - my history of voice recognition and a Lancashire accent has not been happy. It failed me once with 'no network' - turned out to need a soft reboot - quick push of the reset button.

Have twice had cable locked at charge points, despite car and point saying its stopped charging/charge complete - the under bonnet release cable solved that easily enough - once you realise that even though it looks like a button you pull it.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Been 101% happy with mine - no issues at all, still have 282- 300m range in higher temps, 240 when its bitterly cold.

I'd like a bigger boot, but it is what it is - I've seen some fit a "frunk" to it......

Would I buy again given time over - without hesitation. :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Coming up to a year and very happy. Bought as a second/school-run/ London car but genuinely surprised and delighted at how good it has been on trips outside M25 and my day-trip radius is, comfortably, well over 100 miles. Put some Michelin CCs which, as well as giving all-weather capability, have definitely improved the ride. Still love the blue.

·
Registered
Kia Soul EV 2020 64KWh
686 Posts
Had mine since September last year and still very happy with it, it's been faultless. The obvious thing in the EV world is that things move so quickly at the moment I already know what I want next (EV6) but that is a couple of years away for me and in the meantime, I would have no hesitation in recommending the Soul 64kwh to anyone. I still find the looks bring a smile, not your normal boring shape, but even though it's a box, efficiency is great thanks to the top notch Kia/Hyundai drive train. The internal layout is a bit meh but it's all well screwed together, the car is loaded with kit and importantly, it all works.

I switched the tyres to Goodyear Efficient Grips and although I think it knocks efficiency a tad (I am on a total average of 3.7m/kwh right now from new), it improves ride quality and plants it on the road much better.

I watched a YT review recently comparing the Soul with the ID.3 and the Citroen something or other, and was pleased to see that it still stood up well.

Would I choose it again? - yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts